- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 199
- Garden / Landscaping — 184
- Appliance / Repair — 152
- Interior Design / Decor — 145
- Real Estate / Finance — 107
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 101
- Doors / Garages — 93
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 90
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 78
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 73
- Construction / Materials — 73
- Plumbing / Basements — 73
Want to Take on a Real Estate Career?
by Guest on May 23, 2012
Real estate could be a lucrative and very rewarding career option for most people. There is a vast range of opportunities that can be utilized with varied backgrounds and skill sets. You do not necessary need to be a "salesman: though it's a natural transition from other sales career while having the opportunities to be your own boss.
The key of a successful career in the real estate market is first and foremost focusing as a service business. Doing good by your customers will contribute to your success and offer future referrals.
You will be assisting people in the greatest expense of their life and most often comes emotional impact from changing homes.
New agents will choose a real estate career with the "helping people" goals, others will have the goal of being independent and their own boss. You have the option to work for someone; however most real estate agents and brokers are independent contractors. Benefits of being independent are that you can you are in control of your work schedule, opportunities to be creative with marketing, and build your businesses as you want it. This is where having a diverse background will benefit you.
There are also those who may perceive a real estate career as quite lucrative, yielding excellent compensation for working when and how they want. Your is only limited to the amount of energy and time you put into building a successful career.
As with any self employment opportunity, you will need to plan for the future including the economy or business downturns. In the beginning, you will have a high failure rate, so keep your chin up and learn from your experiences.
Taking on this career change might seem very lucrative; however compensation and statistics for new agent are minimal as you build your word-of-month referrals and networking. It's key to be a self starter and it takes money, commitment and investment of time to build a successful real estate business regardless if you are an independent contractor or start with an established brokerage firm.
Most Recent Articles
- Apr 19, 2018 How to Start Your Real Estate Fix and Flip Business by Guest
- Mar 18, 2018 How to Start a Rental Business by Guest
- Feb 26, 2018 How to Buy and Resell Condos for Profit by Boris Dzhingarov
- Jan 15, 2018 Are You Planning a Home Refurbishment? Read This by Guest
- Dec 22, 2017 How to Fund Your Home Improvement Project by Boris Dzhingarov