- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 199
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 189
- Appliance / Repair — 154
- Interior Design / Decor — 145
- Real Estate / Finance — 107
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 102
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 91
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 79
- Construction / Materials — 75
- Plumbing / Basements — 74
- Safety / Security — 73
A Guide to Finding the Right Movers for Your Home
by Ryan Holman on Feb 14, 2014
Making a change of residence is a major undertaking that will require a significant amount of planning. One of the most important steps in the planning process will be deciding on how you plan to transport your property to the new home. Some people might try to rent a truck and handle this process on their own, but others may need or prefer the services of professional movers. Individuals that are shopping for a moving company will find that there are a lot of companies that offer these services. While most companies will take every step to ensure customer satisfaction, there are some that engage in practices that are less than ethical. Finding the right movers for your home will require the individual to take some time and do a little research.
To start the process of finding a moving company, the individual will need to evaluate their moving situation and find movers that will fit the needs of their move. Writing down some of the specific details of your situation will help you to determine which companies will be better suited to fit your specific needs. You will want to make sure to include information about the distance and the starting and finishing locations, the amount of property that you need moved, the dates that you need a moving service and whether you have any items that will need special consideration. Some companies specialize in local moving while others may be better suited for long haul services and some companies are better equipped to handle specialty items. All of these factors will need to be taken into account when you are searching for a moving service.
Check-out their reputation:
During this process, you will find that there are plenty of companies that offer moving services. However, having a nice website or a flashy ad doesn’t necessarily mean that they are reputable. When it comes to finding movers, there are a few steps that you can take to help you determine whether they are a company that you can trust.
- Check to make sure that they have adequate insurance coverage
- Look into the company’s history by searching them on the CAM website
- Check to see if they have a history of complaints with the Better Business Bureau
Get multiple price estimates:
Getting a variety of estimates will help the consumer out in a few ways. First, it will help you to compare prices and get the best deal, but the estimate that is given and the way that it is determined can tip you off to the credibility of the movers. If a company provides you with an estimate without viewing the items that are to be moved or if the estimate is significantly lower than every other company, this could be a sign that they are less than reputable. Some companies may provide low estimates to get the job, only to jack-up the price once your property is on the truck.
The main key to finding a good moving company is simply paying attention to detail. Taking your time and making sure that you find a company that has a good reputation will help you to ensure that you have done everything you can to avoid any potential problems. Look into their background, make sure that the movers can handle your move and compare at least a few different companies.
Most Recent Articles
- Apr 19, 2018 How to Start Your Real Estate Fix and Flip Business by Guest
- Mar 18, 2018 How to Start a Rental Business by Guest
- Feb 26, 2018 How to Buy and Resell Condos for Profit by Boris Dzhingarov
- Jan 15, 2018 Are You Planning a Home Refurbishment? Read This by Guest
- Dec 22, 2017 How to Fund Your Home Improvement Project by Boris Dzhingarov