- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 199
- Garden / Landscaping — 184
- Appliance / Repair — 152
- Interior Design / Decor — 145
- Real Estate / Finance — 107
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 101
- Doors / Garages — 93
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 90
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 78
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 73
- Construction / Materials — 73
- Plumbing / Basements — 73
What to Do When You are Locked Out of Your Car
by Guest on Apr 26, 2018
Some of you have probably been in that awkward moment when you are locked out of your own car. What’s worse is that most often, your phone is in there. That means that you cannot access the thousands of Youtube videos on how to get yourself out of this situation or even call for help at least. Well, this should not always be the case when you have the knowledge with you.
First things first, do not panic!
Being stressed out is the most common reason why people get locked out of their cars. This means that when it happens, they are not in a position to think straight.
There is no need for panic because you have quite a range of options. Before anything else, confirm whether all the doors are locked. It would be very frustrating to call for help only to realize that not all the doors were locked.
If all the doors are locked, think of the spare key, that is, if it is not an emergency. It would not be wise to think of the spare key when you have someone trapped inside the car. If someone is trapped inside the car, the best option is to break one of the car windows. However, breaking a window could cause car trauma in younger kids and pets. This brings us to the next and best option, car door opening tricks.
There are quite a number of tricks that do work when you are locked out of your car. That is if you do have the tools and dexterity to do them. If not, you could hire a professional but still, learning how to do them yourself saves you time and money.
This is the most popular car door opening trick. You have probably seen it in a couple of movies because it can be carried out quite fast and without damaging the door lock. How is it done?
You have to begin by tying a special type of knot known as the slip-knot. As the name suggests, the knot should be able to slip along the rope and untie itself at the end. After tying the knot, slide it down through the space between the door and the car body until you reach the car lock. Attach the knot on the car lock and pull it right up to unlock the door manually.
The air pillow/ deflated blood pressure cuff
While still not inflated, slide it into the little space between the door and the car body. Inflating the pillow or deflated pressure cuff opens up the door meaning that you can access the actual door lock with a wire coat hanger to open it right up.
What if you can’t do the tricks?
When you cannot open the door with any of these tricks, it means that you have to break a window (in case of emergencies) or call a tow truck service or better still you can call an emergency locksmith who will come and open the car door for you.
Most Recent Articles
- Jun 15, 2018 5 Major Benefits of Home Security Alarm Systems by Rohit
- Jun 8, 2018 Garage Door Security – Tips To Keep Your Home Safe From Burglars by Guest
- Apr 24, 2018 Valuable Tips to Prevent Frozen Propane Tanks by Guest
- Apr 9, 2018 Is It Cost Effective to Install Electric Gates and Will They Help Protect my Property? by Guest
- Feb 26, 2018 5 Benefits of Having a Fire Sprinkler System Installed by Boris Dzhingarov