- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 234
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 220
- Appliance / Repair — 177
- Interior Design / Decor — 168
- Real Estate / Finance — 158
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 127
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 122
- Improvements / Remodeling — 111
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 107
- Doors / Garages — 105
- Construction / Materials — 100
- Safety / Security — 100
The Importance of Choosing a Certified Gas Installer
by Leona Zoey on Mar 19, 2016
Putting your trust in the wrong hands can be risky, especially when you are talking about fitting your home gas appliances. Faulty workmanship when it comes to a boiler installation, fitting gas appliances, and pipework repairs can put your life and that of your family at risk.
Gas is perfectly safe in the right hands, so always make sure you hire a Gas Safe Registered fitter to carry out all your essential gas safety checks and installations. GPS London only have fully qualified and experienced Gas Safe registered engineers on our team, so you can be sure that when you book with us, your repairs and installations will be in the safest of hands.
According to research conducted by the Gas Safe Register, up to a quarter of a million illegal gas jobs are performed in UK homes each year. These rogue traders are not qualified to work with gas, so are putting thousands of lives at risk each year with their unsafe workmanship.
To put right the mistakes made by rogue traders, and to make safe shoddy gas work, it has been calculated that the public is spending out £100million a year to take their homes and families back out of immediate danger.
This also means that a homeowner looking to save a bit of money by hiring a tradesman who has been recommended by friends or family but is not Gas Safe registered can end up spending out nearly double their original amount through having the unsafe work put right. Wouldn't it be a lot quicker, safer and more cost-effective to hire a Gas Safe registered company in the first place?
You can rely on GPS London - our experienced gas safe engineers provide a safe & reliable service from cooker installations to replacing gas pipes. We offer the following gas fitting services to our customers:
- Trace & repair gas leaks
- Gas pipe replacement
- Moving gas meters
- Cooker installations
- Hob installations
- Gas fire testing
- Gas fire repairs & installations.
- Tightness testing
- Ventilation Installation.
- Inspection hatch installations.
All our work is insured & guaranteed, and all of our engineers are gas safe registered, with years of experience in the field.
Where investigators from the Gas Safe Register had been out to check homes for safety, one in five households were found to be in immediate danger. These families had to have their gas appliances disconnected to make them safe. In every case, the fittings were found to have been done by an unqualified illegal gas fitter.
When you have any work done by a fitter who isn't Gas Safe registered, such as a new boiler installation, for example, you may end up having to have the whole thing completely ripped out and started again. This would cost you thousands of pounds to have done, and the risk to your life is not even measurable.
Don't let this happen to you – call certified fully qualified engineers professional today to book a visit.
Most Recent Articles
- Dec 16, 2020 Reasons for Trusting Locksmiths to Do the Job by Patrick Walton
- Dec 15, 2020 Things to Do if You Get Locked Out of Your House by Clint Moler
- Dec 15, 2020 Services Offered by a Quality Locksmith Company by Sandra Smith
- Dec 6, 2020 Are High-Security Locks a Bad Christmas Present? by Michael Baca
- Oct 28, 2020 The A1 Herty Gerty: Do I need one or not? by Guest