- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 247
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 232
- Appliance / Repair — 185
- Interior Design / Decor — 180
- Real Estate / Finance — 177
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 143
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 135
- Improvements / Remodeling — 123
- Doors / Garages — 111
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 111
- Plumbing / Basements — 110
- Safety / Security — 108
How to Distantly Kill Wasps in the Attic
by Guest on Nov 19, 2012
I want to share this small tool that we made to kill a wasps nest in our attic. Quick, dirt and simple, but it worked:
Wasp nest. But not just a simple one. It was in our attic. Wasps enter through a hole above one of the beams and are too far away to be reached from the windows. On top of that, this is where our bedroom is and we were able to hear the zoom late in the evening which was irritating to say at least.
We tried to catch and kill them with wasp traps like these but it did not work at all. Not a single wasp went inside the trap. We tried using fish to attract them, but the same effect.
So we had to kill them with insect repellent but how to reach the hole?
I got a 3 m / 10ft long lath and a bottle of insect repellent. Tied the bottle to the lath, used some newspapers to ensure it won't slide.
Using an awl I made two holes in both sides of the cap of the repellent and swept a long piece or sisal through it such that the sisal would go over the button that you have to press to start spraying the repellent.
Used some scotch tape to fix the sisal to the button.
So here is how a homemade wasp killer tool would look like then:
Most Recent Articles
- Jun 1, 2021 Do You Want to Replace the Popcorn Ceiling? Explore Stretch Ceiling as a Choice by Guest
- Mar 9, 2021 How Retaining Walls Increase the Value of Your Home by Nick Marr
- Aug 29, 2018 Wallpaper Versus Paint: Which is the Better Choice for Your New Home? by Sam Smith
- Jul 12, 2018 Different Drywall Types and Fire Safety by Dale Johnson
- Aug 11, 2017 How to Repair Small Foundation Cracks by Peter Ruffin