- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 208
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 204
- Appliance / Repair — 157
- Interior Design / Decor — 143
- Real Estate / Finance — 114
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 104
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 91
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 86
- Plumbing / Basements — 79
- Construction / Materials — 77
- Improvements / Remodeling — 76
Top 4 Window Blind Styles
by Austin Trull on Jul 17, 2018
Blinds are important for a variety of reasons. Firstly, they stop light the from flooding into your home. They also provide privacy and can even be used as a design element in your home to pull a room’s aesthetic together. That being said, here are the top four window blind styles currently on the market!
1. Venetian Blinds
Venetian blinds are the most traditional types of blinds. These classic blinds feature horizontal panels stacked on top of each other that utilize a plastic rod to twist the blinds open and close, as well as a string to bring down or draw the shades.
Although venetian blinds are traditionally white and made out of vinyl, they can be made with a variety of finishes and styles, which makes them one of the most versatile types of window blinds.
2. Cellular Shades
Cellular shades are the best of both worlds when it comes to venetian blinds and fabric shades. Like venetian blinds, cellular shades feature horizontal panels that are flexible and easily collapsible. Like fabric shades, cellular shades are made out of a thermal material that enables the shades to easily roll up and blocks out a maximum amount of light and heat.
Between the integration of two blind styles and the modern heat technology, cellular shades are the perfect option for minimalistic modern homes that want to keep a natural aesthetic.
3. Plantation Shutters
Plantation shutters look and function a lot like exterior shutters in the sense that they are made with the same material and cover the entire frame of the window. Plantation shutters have a vertical stripe down the middle of each shutter, and horizontal panels sit on either side of the stripe.
Overall, plantation shutters are extremely effective at blocking out sun and heat because they have a bulky built that is extremely durable and resilient. Since these shutters look like something you would typically find on the outside of a ranch or beach home, they have the perfect rustic appeal.
4. Motorized Blinds
If you truly want modern blinds, then motorized blinds are the perfect option for you. Motorized blinds are the most efficient and functional blinds on the market because they open or retract from a simply touch of a button or switch. Like most types of blinds, motorized blinds come in a variety of materials, patterns, and styles.
Traditionally, motorized blinds are made out of a sheer fabric with no paneling that let’s you see through your windows. Although you might be able to see shadows from your windows, motorized blinds keep light and heat out of your home.
Most Recent Articles
- Nov 21, 2018 Should You DIY Your Window Installation? by Boris Dzhingarov
- Oct 18, 2018 Replacement Windows and their Effect on Your Home’s Energy Efficiency by Valerie Muscat
- Sep 27, 2018 Top 7 Myths About Double Glazed Windows by Rohit
- Jul 18, 2018 How to Find the Perfect Windows and Doors for Your Home by Matt Wheeler
- Apr 19, 2018 5 Warning Signs That You Need To Replace Your Windows by Guest