Making Wide Shades Fit Narrow Windows
by Michigan State University on Apr 26, 2012
- To reduce the width of a shade, remove it from the roller.
- Measure the distance between the holes in the brackets on the window frame where the shade will be hung. Mark this measurement on the roller, measuring from the end with the spring.
- Cut the extra length from the roller end which does not have the spring. Remove the metal end from the cut-off piece and put it on the roller.
- Test the roller in the brackets to see if it runs freely.
- Cut off one side of the shade to fit the roller and tack it back in place on the roller.
- Hang the shade in the window.
Windows / Siding 4409 Views
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 262
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 239
- Real Estate / Finance — 196
- Appliance / Repair — 186
- Interior Design / Decor — 184
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 147
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 144
- Improvements / Remodeling — 131
- Plumbing / Basements — 118
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 115
- Doors / Garages — 113
- Safety / Security — 112