- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 199
- Garden / Landscaping — 177
- Appliance / Repair — 152
- Interior Design / Decor — 142
- Real Estate / Finance — 104
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 100
- Doors / Garages — 88
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 80
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 71
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 69
- Plumbing / Basements — 69
- Construction / Materials — 67
Making Wide Shades Fit Narrow Windows
by Michigan State University on Apr 26, 2012
- To reduce the width of a shade, remove it from the roller.
- Measure the distance between the holes in the brackets on the window frame where the shade will be hung. Mark this measurement on the roller, measuring from the end with the spring.
- Cut the extra length from the roller end which does not have the spring. Remove the metal end from the cut- off piece and put in on the roller.
- Test the roller in the brackets to see if it runs freely.
- Cut off one side of the shade to fit the roller and tack it back in place on the roller.
- Hang the shade at the window.
Windows / Siding 1651 Views
Most Recent Articles
- Jan 3, 2018 Save Some Money and Fix that Window Yourself by Guest
- Dec 28, 2017 Top 5 Reasons to Buy Venetian Blinds by Guest
- Oct 12, 2017 Choosing the Right Roller Blinds For Your Home by Alex Cordier
- Aug 11, 2017 How to Choose the Right Wooden Blinds for Your Home by Guest
- Jun 28, 2017 Home Decor Ideas and Benefits of Aluminium Window Installations by Charlie Brown