- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 201
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 194
- Appliance / Repair — 154
- Interior Design / Decor — 146
- Real Estate / Finance — 111
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 102
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 91
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 81
- Construction / Materials — 75
- Plumbing / Basements — 75
- Safety / Security — 74
Making Wide Shades Fit Narrow Windows
by Michigan State University on Apr 26, 2012
- To reduce the width of a shade, remove it from the roller.
- Measure the distance between the holes in the brackets on the window frame where the shade will be hung. Mark this measurement on the roller, measuring from the end with the spring.
- Cut the extra length from the roller end which does not have the spring. Remove the metal end from the cut- off piece and put in on the roller.
- Test the roller in the brackets to see if it runs freely.
- Cut off one side of the shade to fit the roller and tack it back in place on the roller.
- Hang the shade at the window.
Windows / Siding 1720 Views
Most Recent Articles
- Jul 18, 2018 How to Find the Perfect Windows and Doors for Your Home by Matt Wheeler
- Jul 17, 2018 Top 4 Window Blind Styles by Austin Trull
- Apr 19, 2018 5 Warning Signs That You Need To Replace Your Windows by Guest
- Apr 16, 2018 Replacing Broken Window Glass Like A Pro by Sue Johnson
- Feb 28, 2018 How to Clean and Look After Your uPVC Windows by kevin