- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 178
- Garden / Landscaping — 161
- Appliance / Repair — 141
- Interior Design / Decor — 117
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 91
- Real Estate / Finance — 78
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 64
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 59
- Windows / Siding — 53
- Builders Associations — 52
- Doors / Garages — 52
- Safety / Security — 52
Tips on Getting Your Kitchen Fitted
by Guest on Aug 25, 2010
Most people don’t realize the importance of setting up the kitchen appropriately while moving into a new home until they start using it on a daily basis. Therefore, a lot of people decide to refurbish the kitchen after a few years, by which time they have already listed what to do and what to avoid the second time. However, redoing the kitchen can be a costly affair. Hence, the chances of repeating such renovation more than twice or thrice in one’s lifetime are slim.
If you are on a budget constraint, which is not hard to understand in this present situation of economic meltdown, don’t worry about having to spend thousands of dollars on high maintenance kitchen appliances. Go for simplicity and utility more than the look. Stick to lamination on your kitchen cabinets and counters with water resistant and heat proof materials.
· This is the most serious consideration while fitting kitchen appliances. Not only should your kitchen be big enough to allow you to move about freely while cooking, but it should also accommodate basic appliances such as refrigerator, microwave and a sink
· You must also have a good ventilation system to save your home from the smoke and odor. This requires a vent fitting into your kitchen.
· Try to leave the ground free of things. It is easier to move around this way. Cleaning also becomes easier if you don’t have things piled up on the floor
· Use the space on the wall as much as you can. Fit cabinets at a height to avoid direct exposure of it to heat and grime.
Style and Design
Many decisions regarding style and design are based on the space consideration. The L-shaped kitchen appliance saves the maximum volume of space in your kitchen. The gutter kitchen on the other hand has the opposite effect in your kitchen. You can choose the U-shaped kitchen set as well. All your choices should depend on the availability of space in the kitchen.
If there are a number of small lights spaced evenly in your kitchen, even if it holds many fittings and appliances, you will achieve an expansive look.
Are you looking to update your kitchen? White kitchen cabinets might be just what you need. Find exactly what you're looking for in one place: http://KitchenCabinetHub.com
Most Recent Articles
- Oct 21, 2016 The Best Way to Clean Your Kitchen Cabinets by Niv Orlian
- Aug 9, 2016 What Restaurants Can Teach You About the Kitchen of Your Dreams by Jane Brown
- Jun 25, 2016 Small Spaces, Big Design: How to Make the Most of Your Tiny Bathroom by Guest
- Jun 25, 2016 Why Corian Is A Proven Performer In The Home by Jane Brown
- Jun 16, 2016 Six Reasons for Choosing Offsite Storage in Older Homes and Bathroom Renovations by Charlie Brown