- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 199
- Garden / Landscaping — 181
- Appliance / Repair — 152
- Interior Design / Decor — 143
- Real Estate / Finance — 108
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 100
- Doors / Garages — 89
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 85
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 75
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 71
- Construction / Materials — 71
- Plumbing / Basements — 71
Removing Water Rings or White Haze from Wood Furniture
by Michigan State University on May 11, 2012
Water rings which appear as filmy gray spots are especially common on furniture from not using coasters.
To remove these rings, try one of the following methods:
Rub gray spots with paste wax and 4/0 (very fine) steel wool.
Rub spot lightly with camphorated oil moistened soft lintless cloth. Wipe immediately using a clean lintless cloth.
Add two to three drops of household ammonia to water and dip a small piece of cheesecloth in the hot water. Wring cloth out tightly and rub spot lightly.
Salt Make watermarks left from glasses or bottles disappear by mixing 1 teaspoon salt with a few drops of water to form a paste. Gently rub the paste onto the ring with a soft cloth or sponge and work it over the spot until it’s gone. Restore the luster of your wood with furniture polish.
Most Recent Articles
- Dec 20, 2017 7 Reasons Why You Need to Change your Mattress by Guest
- Sep 22, 2017 8 Tips to Arrange Furniture in Your Living Room For Conversation by Rubby William
- Jul 31, 2017 10 DIY Tips to Restore Damaged Furniture by Guest
- Feb 23, 2017 How to Protect Your Furniture from Sun Damage by Alex Cordier
- Jan 21, 2017 Super Advice to Keep Your Mattress Clean and Fresh in 2017! by James Helliwell