- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 221
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 214
- Appliance / Repair — 172
- Interior Design / Decor — 151
- Real Estate / Finance — 137
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 107
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 105
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 103
- Doors / Garages — 100
- Improvements / Remodeling — 93
- Construction / Materials — 91
- Plumbing / Basements — 88
Removing Water Rings or White Haze from Wood Furniture
by Michigan State University on May 11, 2012
Water rings which appear as filmy gray spots are especially common on furniture from not using coasters.
To remove these rings, try one of the following methods:
Rub gray spots with paste wax and 4/0 (very fine) steel wool.
Rub spot lightly with camphorated oil moistened soft lintless cloth. Wipe immediately using a clean lintless cloth.
Add two to three drops of household ammonia to water and dip a small piece of cheesecloth in the hot water. Wring cloth out tightly and rub spot lightly.
Salt Make watermarks left from glasses or bottles disappear by mixing 1 teaspoon salt with a few drops of water to form a paste. Gently rub the paste onto the ring with a soft cloth or sponge and work it over the spot until it’s gone. Restore the luster of your wood with furniture polish.
Most Recent Articles
- Sep 3, 2019 10 Interior Design Tricks to Try Right Now by James Cummings
- Jul 23, 2019 Home Furniture Repair Tips and Tricks by James Cummings
- Mar 29, 2019 5 Top Tips for Designing the Bathroom of Your Dreams by Tom Grant
- Mar 1, 2019 Are Smart Blinds Worth the Cost? by James Cummings
- Jan 7, 2019 These Rules of Bedroom Design Were Made to Be Broken by Guest