- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 234
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 220
- Appliance / Repair — 177
- Interior Design / Decor — 168
- Real Estate / Finance — 158
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 127
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 122
- Improvements / Remodeling — 111
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 107
- Doors / Garages — 105
- Construction / Materials — 100
- Safety / Security — 100
Super Advice to Keep Your Mattress Clean and Fresh!
by James Helliwell on Jan 21, 2017
We spoke with a mattress manufacturer who sells beautiful ethical Mattresses handcrafted, using natural, non-toxic materials, free of harmful fire retardants in California about the best ways we can keep your night time blissful resting place fresh clean and fresh for many years of great service. Let's see here what to do.
1. Turn your mattress over by 180 degrees.
2. Remove any small stains with a solution mixture of a mild detergent mixed with water. Ensure you air dry the area before you make up the bed.
3. Use large thirsty towels to soak up any large liquid stains. Ensure you air dry the mattress outdoors or with a portable electric fan. Ensure the total surface of your mattress is thoroughly dry. This step is extremely important.
4. Use a special mattress cleaner making sure you follow the manufacturer's instructions for any stubborn stains. Don't forget to test a small part of the fabric first.
5. Take advantage of using a mattress cover. Mattress covers eliminate bed bugs from your bed!
6. Get in the habit of turning your mattress over every 3 months or so and do your very best to vacuum it.
7. Take advantage of a mattress protector to eliminate the need for extra mattress cleanings. As you can tell, it is a lot easier to clean a mattress protector than it is to clean a mattress. It makes life easier, that's for sure.
Things Not to Do When Cleaning a Mattress:
1. Never use any type of dry cleaning solutions when cleaning your mattress.
2. Avoid the use of baking soda on a wet mattress because it will begin to form a paste which can be quite difficult to clean up.
3. Do not put your mattress in the washing machine. Cleaning with a hose or in a bathtub is best. Do not forget to close the valve while washing. For general cleaning, a quick scrubbing with a Bio-Clean All-Purpose Cleaner, or other general household cleaner is best.
For highly soiled mattresses, I'd highly recommend buying a new mattress. It obviously will be well worth it. Do you know a good Mattress Store? Do your homework, especially online to find a reputable store near where you live. Start Googling and educate yourself on the subject of the importance of having a good mattress for health benefits.
Most Recent Articles
- Jun 19, 2020 Three Color Trends for this Year by Guest
- Apr 22, 2020 Bed Bugs in the Bedroom - Myths and Facts by Blewitt
- Sep 3, 2019 10 Interior Design Tricks to Try Right Now by James Cummings
- Jul 23, 2019 Home Furniture Repair Tips and Tricks by James Cummings
- Mar 29, 2019 5 Top Tips for Designing the Bathroom of Your Dreams by Tom Grant