- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 214
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 210
- Appliance / Repair — 159
- Interior Design / Decor — 149
- Real Estate / Finance — 132
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 107
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 95
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 94
- Construction / Materials — 87
- Improvements / Remodeling — 85
- Plumbing / Basements — 84
A Guide on How to Hire a Housekeeper
by Boris Dzhingarov on Dec 12, 2013
It is definitely not as difficult as you might first think to hire a good housekeeper. You will surely find someone that will help you to clean your home fast and at an affordable price. The problem is that it is not so easy to actually hire one that you could trust. In many cases this can be frustrating so we need to approach this need while being a little careful.
Safety stands out as the main concern for most people. It is always tempting to go for the really low price tag but that can sometimes lead to identity fraud or theft. That is definitely not something that you want to be faced with. Although it is something that you most likely never considered, it is a good idea to only hire a housekeeper professional after you ran a proper criminal background check.
Keep in mind that you can be considered liable in the event that the person cleaning your home would end up being injured while on the job. You need to always take out a suitable insurance policy so that medical costs or lost wages would be covered. That gets you off the hook and there will be no liability that would be associated with a home injury.
It is also possible that the housekeeper would break something and the damage cannot be reimbursed. In this case, the housekeeper needs to have a liability insurance policy in place. You decide what the necessary protection level is but you have to always try to go for the highest possible coverage that you can afford.
Before you hire someone, ask for some references. Alternatively, only work with recruitment agencies that you know and that you trust. The reference should be specific and detailed. It is a very good idea to go for customer references from people that live as close as possible to where you do. Do call the numbers that are offered and ask questions that are of importance for you. The most common problem that appears with hiring housekeepers is that in the beginning the service is great but as time passes, problems start to appear. This is the most important question you need to ask and the answer should be taken into account.
The homeowner does need to go through every single one of the steps that were highlighted above whenever trying to hire a housekeeper. As you can easily imagine, this means that you need to be patient. The professional housekeeping recruitment service is the option that has to be considered whenever we are faced with an urgent need. Since you want to be 100% sure, what is very important is to take as much time as is necessary when you go for hiring alone.
The bottom line is that it is quite easy to hire a maid. However, it is a bad idea to hire a really wrong one as you can end up with various family or house problems. Have patience and take all the precautions that are necessary to protect yourself.
Most Recent Articles
- Aug 30, 2019 How to Choose the Right Skip Size For Your Waste by Alex
- Aug 17, 2019 Tips for Carpet and Rug Cleaning when Living with Teenagers by Jamie Burke
- Jul 27, 2019 Carpet Cleaning Advice: 3x Tips to Remove Common Carpet Stains at Home by Paul Laing
- Jul 11, 2019 The Most Common Repairs of Tiny House Living by Valerie Muscat
- Jun 22, 2019 Carpet Cleaning Guide: Cleaning & Removing Pet Stains from Your Carpet by Dan Broom