- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 204
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 196
- Appliance / Repair — 154
- Interior Design / Decor — 148
- Real Estate / Finance — 113
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 102
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 91
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 81
- Construction / Materials — 75
- Plumbing / Basements — 75
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 74
Tips to Use the Extra Garage Space
by Guest on Sep 5, 2017
The garage is one of the places in a house that is usually not well taken care of. Most people tend to just park their cars and rush inside their homes. The remaining space is used for keeping junk, tools, gardening equipment etc normally.
Some houses have space for two cars but they will be using the space to park just one car, the remaining space would be left for junk and will be usually cluttered. Well, this is a fact and this was how my garage was. I used to park my used Toyota Corolla in one parking space and the next space was used to keep all the unwanted items. However, one day my friend spoke to me and advised me on how better to use the garage space. I liked his ideas and made the change that I wanted, but I would love others to benefit too and hence this article.
The extra space for a car is ideal to create a home gym. It will be one of the best places to exercise. Instead of a gym membership you can invest that amount in a good home gym. You need not travel to the gym and waste time and energy, you need to just get into your garage and start your fitness regimen. If you do not wish to invest much you can get weights and a bench and you can start.
The extra space in the garage can become a wonderful home theatre. All you need to do is to get a projector and screen and a nice sound system. If you can invest in reclining chairs then even better, you will have a fully functional home theatre with the best picture and sound. It will become a great place to unwind with your family and friends.
Man Cave with Bar:
Get a snooker table and set it up. Also bring a refrigerator and stock it with beer. Get a few bean bags and place them strategically. Now you have a cool place to hang out with your friends. You will want to keep staying there.
Create a proper guest room in the extra space. Set up the walls, you can do it yourself or get a carpenter to do it. Paint in wonderful hues and set up a bed and there you have it a guest room.
Many artists have set up their art rooms in garages. They are able to think and paint better and in peace. So if you are the art inclined then setting up a nice arts and crafts room would be ideal for your garage.
Many great companies have had their first offices in a garage. These include Google too. So if you are thinking about becoming the next big start-up, then what better place to start, then your garage. There are many furniture solutions that are available for a small office and you can buy them and start work immediately.
Most Recent Articles
- Jul 7, 2018 Common Garage Door Problems and Solutions by Thomas Lynam
- Jul 7, 2018 When to Invest in the Best Possible Garage Doors by Daniel Hensley
- Jul 7, 2018 Things to Know about Garage Door Windows by Kenneth May
- Jun 30, 2018 Simple Hacks For Organizing Your Garage by Iwan Gunawan
- Jun 6, 2018 How to Upgrade Your Garage without Breaking the Bank by Boris Dzhingarov