- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 237
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 222
- Appliance / Repair — 177
- Interior Design / Decor — 174
- Real Estate / Finance — 161
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 134
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 124
- Improvements / Remodeling — 113
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 107
- Doors / Garages — 105
- Plumbing / Basements — 102
- Safety / Security — 102
How to Fix Door Hinges: Take Apart 3 of the Most Common Breakdowns
by Guest on Oct 28, 2020
Of all the variety of furniture fittings, it is the hinges that most often come in disrepair. About the causes of breakdowns and how to fix them, we tell in our material.
The main causes of breakdowns
There are several reasons for door hinges would breakdown:
- frequent disassembly and assembly of furniture when moving away;
- improper assembly;
- the wrong angle for opening the front door of a kitchen set or other furniture;
- the load on which neither the door nor the hinges are designed.
Now let's take a closer look at the problems and sliding glass door repair gives some tips on how to deal with them.
The loop is torn out of the seat
This can occur due to loose fixing holes when the self-cutter is chosen to be of the wrong size or the hole itself has become loose due to frequent opening-closing of the door. In this case, the treatment is quite simple - choose a self-cutter slightly larger diameter or, if the hole is completely broken, insert a small round pin made of wood, lubricated with glue. After the adhesive dries, the protruding part is cut off and the loop is installed in its original place.
The hinge is torn out with part of the sidewall, the seat is destroyed
The first thing you can do is to raise or lower the hinge, making a new seat in the undamaged part of the rack. To do this, you will need a Forstner drill Ø 35 mm. If it is not possible to rearrange the hinge, you should use epoxy glue. Put back all the damaged parts, cover them with epoxy, apply a little glue to the loop itself. Wait a day and replace the facade. Practice shows that the product repaired in this way serves quite a long time, but later you may need help with Mold Remediation.
The seat cannot be restored
It's harder to do with improvised means. In this case, the seat is partially removed, then a small pad is inserted into the resulting hollow, having previously treated it with glue. Then, the loop is screwed in place.
For the tightest fit of the lining to the frame, it is desirable to use a clamp.
How to avoid damage
In order to avoid such damage, you must treat the furniture with care. Reasonably choose the height of hanging the top lockers in the kitchen - so that you could comfortably reach them.
If you make furniture by yourself, it is useful to know that the furniture hinges differ in functionality. They can be superimposed and contributed, depending on the design of furniture. The hinges may have different opening angles. The standard values of this parameter are 30, 45, 90, 120, 135, 180, 270°. The hinge can be with or without a door closer. In the independent manufacture of cabinets should be remembered that the weight of the fabric is important when choosing the number of loops. It is better to attach the facade of a high cabinet on three, and in some cases, four hinges.
Modern furniture loops are adjustable in three planes: depth (forward and backward), height (up and down) and front surface (right and left). This makes it possible to adjust the position of the facade in such a way as to obtain the best fit of the door to the cabinet frame.
Most Recent Articles
- Dec 3, 2020 Is it Worth Building a Wooden Garage? by Guest
- Jun 10, 2020 George Clarke Reveals the 10 Front Door Color Trends by Guest
- May 11, 2020 How to Fix a Wooden Door Warped by Summer Heat by Joe Goldstein
- Jan 24, 2020 Keeping Your Garage Warm in the Winter by James Cummings
- Sep 19, 2019 Why You Need Garage Door Service Yearly by mike vil