- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 248
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 233
- Appliance / Repair — 185
- Interior Design / Decor — 180
- Real Estate / Finance — 179
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 143
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 136
- Improvements / Remodeling — 125
- Doors / Garages — 111
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 111
- Plumbing / Basements — 110
- Safety / Security — 108
Tips on the Ideal Garage Door Size for Your Home
by eZineArticles.com on Nov 4, 2011
A good number of units that have different garage door sizes are being offered throughout the home improvement industry. These options allow you to select the model or item that is ideal for your home. It can get really challenging, though, particularly when you are required to pick the perfect option that will suit your property's overall look. Somehow, you need to make sure that your investment is worth your effort, money, and time.
For your garage, you can make use of standard door sizes as your reliable basis in choosing the right model or item to buy and install in your home. Before you make that particular choice, you have to make sure first make sure that you have already taken some measurements just to be sure. By doing so, you will be able to better decide the type of door opener that is most appropriate for your garage.
One important factor is the manner that your door closes or opens particularly when it comes to space consumption. You should give this important factor a huge consideration and weigh your options properly. There are various types of openers that have different garage door size including the swing-up or tilt-up kinds that essentially necessitates a particular amount of space. This applies to the closing and opening processes of the door. The particular door type basically needs horizontal clearance in and out of the structure.
You need to also consider other types such as the roll-up unit that is not too demanding when it comes to space as opposed to the swing-up type. Both of these units need ceiling clearance for them to function properly. Another type of door opener is the up-and-over opening system. This type of mechanism comes in various forms such as sectional doors, retractable and canopy types, side hinge, folding and sliding types, and roller shutter types. All of these types have varying garage door sizes as well as styles ideal for any kind of function of the garage.
It is important that you also measure the space available between the door and the nearest items that will come in its way like shelves found in the lining of the wall or the back part of the vehicle when it's parked inside. To get an accurate measurement of the right garage door size as well as the different components, a good option is to get the assistance of a professional from various dealers of garage door manufacturing companies.
Most Recent Articles
- Jul 23, 2021 Lock It In: Evident Points to Ponder on How to Become a Locksmith by Guest
- Dec 3, 2020 Is it Worth Building a Wooden Garage? by Guest
- Oct 28, 2020 How to Fix Door Hinges: Take Apart 3 of the Most Common Breakdowns by Guest
- Jun 10, 2020 George Clarke Reveals the 10 Front Door Color Trends by Guest
- May 11, 2020 How to Fix a Wooden Door Warped by Summer Heat by Joe Goldstein