- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 248
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 233
- Appliance / Repair — 185
- Interior Design / Decor — 180
- Real Estate / Finance — 179
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 143
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 136
- Improvements / Remodeling — 126
- Doors / Garages — 111
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 111
- Plumbing / Basements — 111
- Safety / Security — 108
10 Budget Ideas for Home Remodeling
by Guest on Jan 25, 2017
Everyone wants to remodel their home. But not everyone has the big budget to do all of the remodels that you see on HGTV. Most of us are on budgets that don’t allow us to redo our entire home.
However, there’s good news! There are plenty of budget ideas out there to make your home stand out from the others. And a lot of them are DIY, so you have plenty of opportunities to get your craft on. No worries about how to pay for home repairs or remodeling needed! Read on to discover the top budget ideas.
Get a ceiling medallion.
A ceiling medallion is something that you probably think fits more in a 19th century home than in your modern home, but it’s a great and inexpensive way to add some more detail to any ceiling.
. Create a faux wainscot by yourself.
Every homeowner starts thinking once in a while that their entryway could use a bit of a spruce. Plus, the extra organizational space doesn’t hurt! A cool DIY project to take on is to buy up inch thick boards, putting them up on the walls, and painting them white. Then, pins and hooks can be screwed in them to add organizational space for all of those coats.
3. Go for a dark color on the ceilings.
A fantastic way to transform an entire space is by painting your ceiling a darker color. It expands the room and creates the illusion that you’re working with a much larger space. Plus, it’ll give your room an aura of mystery that could be perfect for the style you’re going for.
4. Add crown molding in your kitchen.
If you have cabinets that reach up to the ceiling of your kitchen, you can easily add crown molding to the top of them to give your kitchen a bit more detail. They will give your cabinets a bit more regality and fanciness that will impress anyone who visits. Plus, you won’t break the bank!
5. Get some stainless-steel tiles in your kitchen.
Stainless steel never goes out of style. One of the best ways to add more steel to your kitchen is by creating a backsplash with stainless steel tiles. These are tough tiles that won’t show scratches, but will be super easy to clean!
6. Make your kitchen cabinets stand out.
You can easily make your plain-Jane kitchen cabinets more intricate and detailed by adding some affordable pre-primed trim from the hardware store. Just cut the corners and glue them into place. So, easy!
7. Use stencils in your bathroom to make great patterns.
Why would you want boring one-color walls in your bathroom? You can easily spruce up the walls in your bathroom with cheap stencils and paint. You can create some stunning patterns by just buying up some stencils from your local craft store!
8. Use contrasting paints around your home.
Many homes are starkly lacking in the color department. How about adding a pop of color here and there to make your home stand out from the rest? If your walls and ceiling are a neutral color and there aren’t already tons of colors in a room, try painting your door a different color from the rest of the room. Doors are the perfect subjects to try out new pops of color on.
9. Try out some metal ceiling tiles.
You may be thinking about ways that you can make your ceiling stand out from the rest. Who wants to stare up at a boring ceiling? Try shopping for some inexpensive metal ceiling tiles to add up on the ceiling that matches your other decorations. These tiles will add some serious depth and intricacy to any room.
10. Use mirrored tiles on your stairs.
Who wants boring stairs leading up to your bedrooms? An easy way to make your stairs stand out from other houses is by gluing mirrored tiles to your stair risers. These tiles are pretty inexpensive and can make your stairs sparkle.
At least some of these DIY and inexpensive projects are going to be fantastic for your house. Keep in mind the aesthetic and style you’re going for in your home and try some of these out! They won’t break the bank so there’s nothing to lose.
Most Recent Articles
- Aug 2, 2021 Five Home Improvements That Will Change Your Life by Nick Marr
- Jul 31, 2021 3 Reasons Why Your Home Needs a Renovation by Guest
- Jul 31, 2021 Four Overlooked Aspects of Home Remodeling by Laura Bell
- Jul 15, 2021 5 Easy Fixer Upper Projects to Add Value to Your Home by Tammy Emineth
- Jul 14, 2021 Why Homeowners Should Invest in s During Home Renovations by Guest