- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 221
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 214
- Appliance / Repair — 172
- Interior Design / Decor — 151
- Real Estate / Finance — 135
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 107
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 104
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 102
- Doors / Garages — 100
- Improvements / Remodeling — 92
- Construction / Materials — 90
- Plumbing / Basements — 88
4 Things You Should Know When Installing an Under Mount Sink
by Guest on Jul 19, 2010
An under mount sink has been described as the preferred way to make you kitchen compact, flawless and include the latest trends and designs. This is because these types of sinks have a compact design requiring very low maintenance and can be placed under the countertop. This means you will eliminate the mess and the likelihood of your kitchen looking un-kept. So if you want to remodel your kitchen, this is one of the best sinks you can choose from. So what are the factors that you should consider when purchasing these sink types?
In almost all cases under mount sinks are anchored using metallic support objects. Such objects are stuck to the wall using epoxy which is made of a two time mixture which dries up very quickly. Once dried up, you can test how durable the sink is. To help the stone and sink stick to each other firmly, some additional silicon caulx bead could be used.
Cleanup for Installation
Ensure that while you are installing the under mount sinks, the counter side under top has been freed of any dust and lint. Any of this could cause the epoxy bonding not to work. The dust could be due to cuts into the countertops this should be got rid of using a brush.
Cutting and Polishing
At first, the installer of the under mount sink has to create a shaped cut on the countertop’s top. The common material used to construct the countertops is granite. Therefore, the installer has to ensure that he polishes off the rough edges after making the cut transforming it into the stone. Water used in smoothening out the edges could have stone pieces accumulated in it. All these could collect up under the countertop.
Time for Installation
The fact that the sets come with instructions saves the time taken for installation. However a professional installer could take even lesser time.
There are many benefits of having the under mount sink in your kitchen. The sinks are not only durable; they also require less washing which is not necessarily done daily. Actually, with these sinks washing is negligible.
Most Recent Articles
- Feb 15, 2020 Add Value with Better Bathroom Design by Boris Dzhingarov
- Feb 11, 2020 Bringing an Old Fridge Back to "Like New" Condition - Top Tips by Boris Dzhingarov
- Feb 4, 2020 Five Most Common Bathroom Types by Guest
- Nov 19, 2019 5 Things You Have to Think About Before Renovating Your Kitchen by Valerie Muscat
- Nov 18, 2019 Today’s Choices for Walk-In Tubs, Showers, and Other Home Safety Options by Kenneth Eres