- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 223
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 213
- Appliance / Repair — 174
- Interior Design / Decor — 153
- Real Estate / Finance — 142
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 107
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 106
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 104
- Doors / Garages — 102
- Improvements / Remodeling — 95
- Plumbing / Basements — 95
- Construction / Materials — 92
3 Tips to Help You Organize Your Kitchen
by Guest on Jul 26, 2010
Having a well-organized kitchen is one of the keys to success these days. This is because the kitchen acts as a center to most of the activities in the house. For instance, having a very nice and well organized menu will become a waste if you have no counter space on which to prepare the food. Similarly, your well-planned shopping list will not be of much help if your pantry is in a mess. These two factors serve as an indication of why you need a well organized kitchen. It is important to get advice on how best to organize your kitchen for the activity to be fruitful. This article will provide you with some basic information on how to do this effectively focusing on three major areas.
Many people grapple with the problem of inadequate space in the kitchen. For those with insufficient space, there are great alternatives you can opt for. Having mobile kitchen carts for the large appliances will help you clear up your workspace. The carts can be conveniently placed in corners or next to a table, the best choice is against a wall. With the carts, you will be able to maximize the usage of your kitchen without waste. Another way to improve on working surface space is through the use of islands as they help create new surfaces. Apart from the working surface, there is also additional cabinet space creation for a more attractive kitchen.
Eating Area Positioning
Including a table in the kitchen serves two great purposes. First, it will serve as an eating area and also as a working surface. This means you should consider the use before choosing the location. You can place the table in such a way that it is the first thing you see once you enter the kitchen. This will serve as a nice place to place your packages after shopping. In case the table is only meant as an eating surface, the best way is to place it in a corner. You can combine this with bar stools to increase space efficiency.
Creating More Storage Room
An organized kitchen will need a number of cabinets. You can do this by placing a row of cabinets above an island or counter for those items that you use regularly. These include the pots dishes, pots and other utensils that you want to keep close. Remember, to keep heavier items in lower cabinets. Using these basic tips, you will be able to have a well organized kitchen.
Most Recent Articles
- Mar 28, 2020 How Walk-in Showers Can Aid Those with Reduced Mobility by Guest
- Feb 15, 2020 Add Value with Better Bathroom Design by Boris Dzhingarov
- Feb 11, 2020 Bringing an Old Fridge Back to "Like New" Condition - Top Tips by Boris Dzhingarov
- Feb 4, 2020 Five Most Common Bathroom Types by Guest
- Nov 19, 2019 5 Things You Have to Think About Before Renovating Your Kitchen by Valerie Muscat