- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 218
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 213
- Appliance / Repair — 159
- Interior Design / Decor — 150
- Real Estate / Finance — 136
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 107
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 100
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 99
- Doors / Garages — 98
- Improvements / Remodeling — 93
- Construction / Materials — 90
- Plumbing / Basements — 87
What Shower Curtains are Often Made With
by Mary James on Mar 22, 2013
A curtain can’t just be taken lightly. You have to see what it’s made out of so you can find something that is not only beautiful but also easy to maintain and use. You can find a variety of different shower curtains for use in your home. However, you’ll have to be careful when getting something because the maintenance needs you have for different choices can vary.
Vinyl is a Thick Material
Vinyl is one of the most popular choices for you to add in your home. Vinyl uses a thick fabric that is similar to what you might find on a floor or fence. It can be opaque and colored in one of many different choices that you might prefer to use it with.
Vinyl curtains are among the best choices for shower curtains because they are designed to be durable and will not be likely to develop bacteria or other items. In fact, you don’t need a backing material or liner for vinyl curtains. They will be easy to add in your home no matter what color or pattern you use on your curtains.
Fabrics Can Be Used
Fabric materials may be added to your curtains to make them look more interesting. Linen and cotton are the most commonly used materials that you can have for your curtains.
These curtains may come in many patterns and all sorts of textures. However, they tend to cost more to get because of the added need to stitch everything together as perfectly as possible and with the best possible fabrics for what you might have.
A vinyl liner must also be added to your curtain if you want to use a fabric choice. A vinyl liner will feature a synthetic texture but it will be good enough for your needs because it will prevent the development of mold onto your curtain.
Polyester also Helps
You can use polyester when finding something attractive for your home. Polyester is a special type of material that is being used in more curtains because it is waterproof. This resists mildew and should be easy to clean off.
However, it does not have the same soft texture as what you’d find with fabric-based curtains. This should still be good enough for your home because it will be so easy for you to maintain.
You can also add a vinyl liner if you want in order to add to the weight of the curtain so it won’t be too heavy. This is a completely optional part of getting a liner like this but it still helps.
Shower curtains are interesting items to use in your home because they come with many textures and fabrics that you can choose from. These options should all be used to give you something fancy and nice to use in your home no matter what you want to get out of it. You should see this carefully when finding something suitable for your home.
Most Recent Articles
- Nov 19, 2019 5 Things You Have to Think About Before Renovating Your Kitchen by Valerie Muscat
- Nov 19, 2019 Here’s Why a Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink will Change How You Work by Charlie Brown
- Nov 18, 2019 Today’s Choices for Walk-In Tubs, Showers, and Other Home Safety Options by Kenneth Eres
- Aug 27, 2019 Bathroom Sink Buying Guide by James Cummings
- Jun 13, 2019 Want to Remodel Your Kitchen? Here are Tips to Complete the Project on Budget by Guest