- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 223
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 213
- Appliance / Repair — 174
- Interior Design / Decor — 153
- Real Estate / Finance — 142
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 107
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 106
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 104
- Doors / Garages — 102
- Improvements / Remodeling — 95
- Plumbing / Basements — 95
- Construction / Materials — 92
Should You Install a Bathroom Heat Light Lamp?
by Guest on Sep 21, 2012
Keeping the different rooms in an Australian Home sufficiently warm during the winter period is extremely vital to ensure proper comfort levels for the family members. Similar to the heating appliances used in the living room and the bedrooms, there are suitable heating options available to heat the bathrooms. The bathroom heating option is provided in the form of bathroom heat light lamps. These bathroom heat light lamps not only aid in heating the space but also help in drying up the shower area within a quick span of time.
Different types of bathroom heating lamps
The bathroom heating lamps are classified based on the methodology by which it heats up the bathroom. The three common types include:
- Classic model
- Economical model
- Easy duct models
Benefits of using the bathroom heating lamps
- In addition to providing required heat for drying wet areas in the bathroom, bathroom heating light would also help in drawing the pollutants and allergens out and provide a clean and healthy atmosphere for the family members.
- The lamps also help in removing the excess moisture and steam, thereby preventing the formation of molds in the walls of the bathroom.
- When the exhaust fan attached to the heating lamp is not running, the back draught flaps present in the duct model would help in retaining the heat by preventing heat loss.
- It also enhances the visual appeal of the bathrooms as it comes with sleek globes. These globes come in different shades and patterns to match the interiors of the bathroom.
- When heating is not required, it can function as a pure lamp thereby conserving a significant amount of power that is required to run the heating system.
Choosing the right Bathroom Heat Light
Bathroom heat light can be chosen based on the following two important factors.
1. The lighting area
2. Controlling heat generation
The bathroom heat lights come in two basic configurations.
1. Two light configuration
2. Four light configuration
Based on the size of the bathroom one can choose the right configuration. The two lamp configuration is extremely useful for small bathrooms. In the four light configuration model, users can control the energy consumed by switching on only two lights. The remaining two lights would remain unused.
Controlling the heat
There are models available wherein the users can control the volume of heat generated by the heating system. The heating system can be turned up or down to increase or decrease the amount of heat required based on the external weather conditions and also the conditions prevailing inside the bathroom.
There are quite a few bathroom heat lamp installation providers available to help the family members in choosing the right type and configuration that would be ideal for the bathroom. The installation providers would usually consider the size of the bathroom including the height of the ceiling and the section of the wet region in the bathroom to decide the installation location. Most of the heating lamps come with an infrared lamp or a fluorescent lamp. Another important factor to consider is the period of replacement warranty provided. It is better to go for lamps that come with 5 years replacement warranty.
Most Recent Articles
- Feb 15, 2020 Add Value with Better Bathroom Design by Boris Dzhingarov
- Feb 11, 2020 Bringing an Old Fridge Back to "Like New" Condition - Top Tips by Boris Dzhingarov
- Feb 4, 2020 Five Most Common Bathroom Types by Guest
- Nov 19, 2019 5 Things You Have to Think About Before Renovating Your Kitchen by Valerie Muscat
- Nov 18, 2019 Today’s Choices for Walk-In Tubs, Showers, and Other Home Safety Options by Kenneth Eres