- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 208
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 204
- Appliance / Repair — 157
- Interior Design / Decor — 143
- Real Estate / Finance — 114
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 104
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 91
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 86
- Plumbing / Basements — 79
- Construction / Materials — 77
- Improvements / Remodeling — 76
Kitchen Remodeling: Latest Trends and Techniques
by Ryan Holman on Mar 11, 2014
Whenever it comes to remodeling or renovating the house, kitchens are considered as the most important and crucial part of home improvement. As renovating the kitchen yields higher resale value along with great returns on investment, it is certainly most important part of the house. remodeling the kitchen at an affordable budget is a major task which requires lots of things to be considered.
So first let us have a look on some common kitchen remodeling techniques and then we will switch over to latest 2014 trends and techniques:
Common Kitchen remodeling Techniques:
- Get ideas from various sources like local stores and shopping malls as well as take pictures of those kitchens that you admire. Get inspired from various social networking sites as well as TV’s and magazines and based on that decide your own layout preference.
- Consult with a professional designer before starting the project and consult with him about the expenses. After consulting, decide about the budget that you can spend on kitchen remodeling.
- Get all the necessary legal permits that are required by your project. All these permits include electrical, plumbing and mechanical factors.
- Prefer to choose those appliances that are energy efficient. The energy star refrigerators as well as ovens and other major appliances can use up to 40% less energy as compared with conventional models.
Thus, these were some of the common kitchen remodeling techniques that should be opted by the one who are going to remodel their kitchen in future. Now, let us have a look on latest 2014 trends that are listed by leading designer kitchen companies in Melbourne, which could help you in giving a more stylish look to your kitchen:
Latest 2014 Kitchen remodeling Techniques:
- For acquiring a perfect kitchen remodeling, first it is suggested to simplify the kitchen. Start by cleaning it out and keep what you really need in your kitchen. Remove off all the unwanted clutters that you don’t want in your future use.
- Focus on renovating the cabinets of your kitchen. Change its hardware by replacing pulls, knobs as well as hinges. If one is having quite old kitchen cabinets, apply a coat of paint that can brighten up and cheer up the whole room. If there is need to replace doors, one can change it with the new cabinet doors. Also, along with these, upgrade the interiors of the cabinets with side-out shelves, tilt-trays, full-extension drawer glides as well as drawer dividers.
- Colour the kitchen with those colours that conveys contemporary feel and has calm and soothing pastels which can add touch of simplicity and elegance. In 2014, latest fashion trend is of painted kitchens an so you can opt different unconventional colours.
- Focus on changing the kitchen flooring which majority of the people primarily prefer it. Resurface the flooring by refinishing the wood floor with different colours and add stencilled borders to it. If you are having stone flooring, then repolish it to regain its original lustre.
- Lighten your kitchen in order to alter up the entire look as well as mood of the kitchen room. Switch up with energy saving lighting rather than opting for those lights that use excessive energy.
- Change the layout of the kitchen for making difference in kitchen’s interior. Majority of men prefer a Gallery shaped layout while majority of women prefer having a G-shaped kitchen layout. Along with that change the sinks as well as other important fixtures of the kitchen just to give them a new look and adding sparkle to your kitchen.
- Replace your kitchen with the latest appliances launched in the market. Prefer to buy energy efficient appliances that are affordable within your budget.
Thus, these were latest 2014 trends and techniques for remodeling a kitchen which could enhance a dull old kitchen with a new sparkling look.
Author’s Bio: James Sullivan is a blogger and an experienced marketing consultant of popular kitchen company in Melbourne, has a strong background in market research on kitchen and its remodeling. He is sharing some latest 2014 trends and techniques for remodeling a kitchen.
Most Recent Articles
- Jan 19, 2019 How the Corner Sink Would Enhance the Design of Your Kitchen? by Guest
- Jan 4, 2019 8 Ways to Create More Space in Your Kitchen and Dining Area by Guest
- Nov 1, 2018 Bring the Best and Most Refreshing Bathtub Home by newsy siso
- Oct 31, 2018 Easy and Budget-friendly House Improvements: Bathroom Woes Be Gone by newsy siso
- Sep 20, 2018 Seven Things to Get When Remodeling Your Kitchen by Guest