- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 201
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 194
- Appliance / Repair — 154
- Interior Design / Decor — 146
- Real Estate / Finance — 111
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 102
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 91
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 81
- Construction / Materials — 75
- Plumbing / Basements — 75
- Safety / Security — 74
How to Quickly Fix 4 Home Emergencies
by Dennis Barr on Jul 18, 2018
Regardless of the size and severity, home emergencies can be frightening and overwhelming. In the heat of the moment, it can be stressful trying to figure out how to solve a home emergency. That being said, here are tips on how you can quickly fix four of the most common home emergencies!
1. Grease Fire
While fires are usually frightening, grease fires can be even more intimidating because you can’t solve a grease fire like a normal fire. If a grease fire occurs, there are a few things you should keep in mind. Firstly, do not throw water on a grease fire because it will make the flame bigger instead of extinguishing it. Simply relax and place a metal lid over the fire. This will sustain the flame and cause the fire to die down. If you can’t find a metal lid, simply sprinkle baking soda on the fire.
If the grease fire escalates quickly and you don’t feel like you can adequately put it out, call 911 or the fire department as soon as possible, and make sure you and your loved ones safely get out of your home.
2. Any Plumbing Issue
Whether you have broken pipes or an overflowing toilet, you should always call an emergency plumber for your plumbing issue. This is because a plumbing issue can escalate pretty quickly. After all, the last thing you want is for water to overflow in your house. So, regardless of what time your plumbing issue occurs, simply call a 24 hour plumbing service to come over and fix it.
3. Damaged Windows
Damaged windows should be taken care of as soon as possible. After all, you don’t want your home exposed to outdoor elements or possible intruders. If your window becomes damaged late at night, you can use a plastic bag and tape to temporary fix it. Otherwise, you should contact a window repair company as soon as possible.
4. Rodent Infestation
If you see a rodent, you should first inspect your house to see if you have an infestation. Do this by using a flashlight to see if there is fecal matter in the crevices around your home. If you find fecal matter, use a sealant to cover the perimeter of your house. You should also set up a few mouse traps to catch the rodents. Finally, if rodents continuously appear in or around your home, call a professional to fix the problem.
Most Recent Articles
- Jun 15, 2018 5 Major Benefits of Home Security Alarm Systems by Rohit
- Jun 8, 2018 Garage Door Security – Tips To Keep Your Home Safe From Burglars by Guest
- Apr 26, 2018 What to Do When You are Locked Out of Your Car by Guest
- Apr 24, 2018 Valuable Tips to Prevent Frozen Propane Tanks by Guest
- Apr 11, 2018 Expert Tips for Choosing the Right Lock for Your Home by James Cummings