- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 234
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 219
- Appliance / Repair — 177
- Interior Design / Decor — 165
- Real Estate / Finance — 156
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 120
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 112
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 107
- Improvements / Remodeling — 106
- Doors / Garages — 104
- Plumbing / Basements — 99
- Construction / Materials — 98
The Rise of Electronic Locks
by Guest on Dec 13, 2011
Due to the sophistication and technology, electronic locks are more expensive than manual key locks. The difference is that electronic systems have an outlet for public assistance like the local police and fire departments. This makes issues very convenient in the unfortunate event of an emergency. The downside is when malfunctions happen public assistance is notified for no reason. This process can be very aggravating to the customer and the emergency contacts.
When the alarm goes off most systems call the house telephone number to get a confirmation that everything is okay. There is usually an identification code that only authorized people should know that lives at the residence to assure the company that the alarm was triggered mistakenly. Nonetheless, locksmith companies now have the tools and software to minimize these irritating occurrences.
Large security companies are leading the way in home safety with their electronic software and programs that directly link a modem to public assistance. These systems are common in nearly all home security systems in advertisements and commercials. But, the problem with the locks used by security companies is that it is not your typical simple lock and key system.
These companies use an intelligent system of electronic locks. An electric lock is defined as a device to prevent or restrict the movement of a lever, a switch or a movable bridge unless the locking member is withdrawn by an electrical device such as an electromagnet, solenoid or motor.
Most Recent Articles
- Oct 28, 2020 The A1 Herty Gerty: Do I need one or not? by Guest
- Oct 24, 2020 December Brings More than Christmas: Inclement Weather Can Be More Costly Than Gifts by Guest
- Jun 10, 2020 What to Look for When Selecting a Home Warranty Company by Nick Marr
- Jun 5, 2020 5 Ways to Prepare Your Home for a New Dog by Joe Goldstein
- Apr 13, 2020 The Importance of Professional Locksmith by omer levins