- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 208
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 208
- Appliance / Repair — 158
- Interior Design / Decor — 146
- Real Estate / Finance — 121
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 105
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 92
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 89
- Safety / Security — 82
- Construction / Materials — 81
- Plumbing / Basements — 80
Is It Cost Effective to Install Electric Gates and Will They Help Protect my Property?
by Guest on Apr 9, 2018
It wasn’t long ago that electric gates were something you only saw on big estate houses and the driveways of the rich and famous. We all imagine tall iron gates with security cameras and intercoms that produce an overprotective security guard demanding some scheduled appointment or other whys ‘please leave’.
Those days are long behind us and more and more people are installing stylish looking gates that complement the age and style of their property, protect their home or business and keep away unwanted callers.
So why not just install some basic gates and save your hard-earned money?
Unfortunately, we are all only human and who wants to continuously get in and out of their vehicle every time we want to leave or enter our driveway. Especially when the rains coming down or we are late to get the kids to school. So, if we have gates, we leave them open. It’s just easier that way and open gates in a driveway are about as useful as no gates at all. What’s more inviting to an unwanted caller than an open driveway. Whether they are looking to tell you about their favourite religion or just checking out your property for late night easy access.
Are electric gates really that easier to use?
In short, yes. Long gone are the days of pressing a buzzer on a voice box to gain access to your home, or having to get your car inches from the gates to get the remote to work. The very latest technology provides access from remote wireless triggers or even your mobile phone. The Telephone Entry System (TES) is perhaps the most flexible system, it can offer the flexibility to use multiple phones with multiple access codes which can even be allocated to different time zones.
Will they help to secure my home?
Electric gates alone won’t guarantee a completely secure driveway, but used in combination with further security measures they will act as a deterrent to potential intruders. When not in use the gates are closed making it that much harder to access your property.
Are electric gates safe to use?
There has been a number of incidents recently in the press related to electric gate injuries. Always ensure that you have your electric gates installed by qualified engineers recognised by the industries leading trade bodies.
Most Recent Articles
- May 21, 2019 What’s the Best Way to Monitor Your Home Security: Smart Home or Home Security System? by James Cummings
- May 20, 2019 Creating a Safe Home for Your Family by James Cummings
- May 1, 2019 Why Every Homeowner Should Own a Pair of Work Boots by Guest
- Apr 29, 2019 The Best DIY Smart Home Security Systems by James Kilvert
- Apr 22, 2019 5 Home Repair Tasks You Should Never DIY by Guest