- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 185
- Garden / Landscaping — 168
- Appliance / Repair — 149
- Interior Design / Decor — 131
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 95
- Real Estate / Finance — 95
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 72
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 68
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 61
- Safety / Security — 59
- Construction / Materials — 57
- Plumbing / Basements — 56
All About Mattresses
by Lorena Benchis on Nov 23, 2011
f you are buying a new mattress then the chances are that you haven’t bought one for quite a long time. Most people keep their mattress for at least ten years, and in that time the changes in what is available as the industry develops new products can be overwhelming. To help you negotiate the options and start to appreciate the range from vacuum packed mattresses to pocket springs and memory foam, read on for an over view of how to choose the right mattress for you from what is out there…
First things first – don’t even think about parting with any of your hard earned money until you have spent some time in a showroom actually lying down on some mattresses. Spend a good ten or fifteen minutes on each one to really get a feel for it, and don’t be shy – lay down in the position you most comfortably sleep in.
How much do you want to spend? Specialists offer a range of options to suit all budgets so have a think about your finances before you start looking. If you are unsure then start by testing the cheaper models and work your way up to experience the differences.
Get technical. Ask to see a cross-section of the mattress so that you can see the construction of the interior in order to gauge the quality and potential lifespan of the product.
Think outside the box. Don’t just replace like-for-like, have a look at a variety of makes and models because you may just realise that something you never thought of before is actually more comfortable for you.
Where are you putting it? Your new mattress may feel different when you get it home depending on the bed you place it on. Make sure they are compatible and if not then consider a whole new bed base too.
Read the terms and conditions. What is the guarantee that comes with the mattress like? Will they unpack it when they deliver it, and will they dispose of you old mattress for you? All important stuff.
Most Recent Articles
- Feb 23, 2017 How to Protect Your Furniture from Sun Damage by Alex Cordier
- Jan 21, 2017 Super Advice to Keep Your Mattress Clean and Fresh in 2017! by James Helliwell
- Dec 15, 2016 Area Rug Shopping Guide by Steffen Ploeger
- Oct 23, 2016 The 4 Way Test: How To Choose The Best Bed Mattress For Your Child by Rienzi Mosqueda
- Sep 21, 2016 A Simple Way To Transform Your Bedroom’s Image by Shiraz Kahn