- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 182
- Garden / Landscaping — 162
- Appliance / Repair — 141
- Interior Design / Decor — 119
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 91
- Real Estate / Finance — 82
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 65
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 60
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 55
- Safety / Security — 54
- Windows / Siding — 53
- Builders Associations — 52
5 Reasons You Should Have Granite Countertops in Your Kitchen
by FactoryPlaza on May 12, 2012
We all want to have beautiful bathrooms and kitchens with recessed lightning, honey glazed cherry or maple cabinets, stainless steel appliances and granite countertops. If you don’t have the budget to have it all, you should at least get your new granite countertops.
Reasons for Choosing Granite Countertops
- Granite countertops are the number one selling point if you ever decide to put your house on the market. No matter if it’s going to be in a year or in ten years – your granite will look like new even then. It will provide beauty and elegance that will be appreciated for a lifetime.
- Granite is made entirely of natural material. With today’s trend to be “green,” you will not only have a gorgeous kitchen it will also be environmentally safe. Since each piece of granite is different in color, your countertops will be unique and distinctive.
- Granite is the most durable, chip and scratch resistant material. It is also heat resistant which means you can set hot pots directly on it. Natural stone is also immune to freezing, thawing, mold and mildew. In fact, no other material lasts longer. It even has a lifetime warranty! Try to beat that with laminate.
- Granite is easy to clean and maintain. All you need to do is to clean the surface with mild household cleaners (a few drops of dishwashing detergent or Murphy’s Oil Soap) and water. All adhered materials like gum, food, nail polish or paint can be scraped away with a plastic putty knife. It’s that easy. Preserving your natural stone is even easier: wipe down a topical sealant once a year. It will also enhance the surface sheen.
- It’s the most popular kitchen countertop because it is affordable! When dealing directly with the factory, you pay wholesale and keep the change. With prices starting at $20 per square foot, you no longer need to buy cheap laminates every ten years. Even if you add a nice edge to it, you are still looking at the price that is within your budget. If you are not able to find a direct importer of granite in your area, you can always have your handyman do the drawing of your kitchen countertops and order custom made pieces online and have them shipped to you. Don’t be afraid of the shipping cost. Even though the natural stone is heavy, the shipping is relatively low (approximately $350 within continental US).
There is no substitute for the dramatic effect that can be achieved by adding natural stone accents to your kitchen. You know perfectly well that every time you throw a party, most of your guests will be in the kitchen with you. Why not give them that atmosphere of relaxed comfort and elegance to enjoy? And as for you – you will love your new granite countertops and will have that ultimate satisfaction every time you enter your kitchen.
Article Credits & Appreciation
Most Recent Articles
- Dec 1, 2016 5 Fun Ways to Upgrade Your Kitchen by Guest
- Nov 21, 2016 How to Find and Buy the Best Walk-In Bathtub Today by Charlie Brown
- Oct 28, 2016 These Bathroom Trends Will Become More Popular in 2017 by Jane Brown
- Oct 27, 2016 The Benefits Of Grease Traps by Rick Hill
- Aug 9, 2016 What Restaurants Can Teach You About the Kitchen of Your Dreams by Jane Brown