- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 203
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 195
- Appliance / Repair — 154
- Interior Design / Decor — 147
- Real Estate / Finance — 111
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 102
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 91
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 81
- Construction / Materials — 75
- Plumbing / Basements — 75
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 74
Mould Resistant Paint vs Anti Mould Cleaning Solutions
by Martin Gracewell on Apr 5, 2018
Mould is the enemy of most households - as you can guarantee that if the conditions of your home are right to promote mould growth – you’re going to be experiencing an outbreak sooner or later.
There is a lot of discussion and hysteria surrounding just how dangerous mould is – and whilst it is a pest that none of us want to find in our homes – it is generally safe unless present in large quantities.
With all that said, it would be beneficial for all if it simply wasn’t there so we’re going to provide a comparison on the two most popular ways to prevent it from coming back.
What Causes Mould Growth?
Before we get started, we should probably touch on just what causes mould to appear in the interior of buildings. The most common causes include:
- The presence of excessive amounts of moisture and high levels of humidity
- Lack of ventilation within the building
- Cold interiors during winter which cause condensation to appear on surfaces
- Dark unventilated spaces, whether warm or cold
Mould is simply a form of fungus which thrives in moisture rich environments. Once it takes hold, you will quickly see it spread across an entire surface unless it is removed as soon as possible.
How Do I Prevent Mould from Forming?
The first step is to address the ventilation issue in your home. Start by;
- Making sure that you open your windows for at least 20 minutes a day
- Always ensure that you use your kitchen and bathroom’s extraction fans
Once you start putting those two tips into action, you might never see mould in your home again.
Mould Resistant Paint
As the name suggests, this type of paint once applied to surfaces is designed to inhibit the growth of mould. Most available brands typically offer a 5-year mould prevention guarantee.
Simply remove all visible traces of mould on the walls of your property and then apply this paint as you would any other.
Anti Mould Cleaning Solutions
This type of product on the other hand is designed to work as an effective mould removal solution, clearing mould infestations from both the walls and ceilings of your property as well as any hard-surfaced furniture you have present.
Simply prepare the cleaning solution as intended and then apply it to all infected surfaces. Once complete, you will be presented with a mould free interior.
Which Is Better?
We would suggest the use of both types of product, as using both a mould remover and a mould resistant paint product is the perfect way to ensure that your property stays mould free. Such products are available from any home and hardware store, and retailers offering their own products. What we would suggest is making sure that you read as many customer reviews as possible to ensure that you buy the right product for the job.
Most Recent Articles
- Jul 18, 2018 4 Ways to Keep Your Carpet in Tip-Top Shape by Aaron Babaa
- Jul 17, 2018 Do These 5 Things Before Moving by Aaron Babaa
- Jul 2, 2018 How a Sump Pump Can Prevent Your Home from Being Flooded by Grand Marketing Solutions
- Jun 6, 2018 7 Great Hacks For People Who Hate Doing Chores at Home by Guest
- May 1, 2018 6 Benefits of Dumpster Services for Residential Properties by Rohit