- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 253
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 232
- Appliance / Repair — 186
- Interior Design / Decor — 181
- Real Estate / Finance — 181
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 143
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 137
- Improvements / Remodeling — 129
- Plumbing / Basements — 114
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 111
- Safety / Security — 111
- Doors / Garages — 110
How to Buy the Best Vacuum Cleaner? A Few DIY Steps to Follow
by clarie ray on Aug 6, 2013
How should you choose the best vacuum cleaner? With literally hundreds of brands to choose from, finding the best vacuum can be difficult. Price concerns aside, you need one that will serve all your end needs. After all, vacuum cleaners are not made equal. Some are better for carpet dusting, some ideal for hardwood floors, and others are best for removing fur hair.
Well, to help you to find the right vacuum cleaner for you, I planned to discuss some tips that you should remember. You can take these tips as DIY steps to follow while you go to buy a vacuum cleaner that will worth your time and money.
4 Tips for Buying the Best Vacuum Cleaner
There are other considerations that you need to make a vacuum decision:
The Design- Since the technology used in the cleaners is well understood, it has become possible to conceive many different designs. Upright and Canister vacuum cleaners are the most common:
- Canister designs are versatile since they enable the cleaner to be used on upholstery as well as tile, wood and carpeted floors.
- Upright ones are ideal for bigger cleaning tasks, and the large size of the bags reduces the frequency of changing them.
Handheld cleaners are more modest in both size and application. It is ideal for cleaning those hard to reach places. Make sure you are comfortable with the weight and maneuverability of the cleaner, as these two qualities are critical.
Robotic Cleaners- These are fairly advanced cleaners that operate autonomously. They are ideal for homeowners who don’t have a lot of time to clean their floors. They operate automatically, and navigate through spaces in no coordinated fashion, cleaning floors, and shutting down once they complete their task.
Steam Cleaners- If your carpets get dusty frequently, steam cleaners are more ideal. They do a more effective job of removing dust and are ideal for a household that has members with respiratory conditions, such as asthma.
Bags- Decide whether you need a bagless cleaner or not. While they remove the need to buy bags, removing the dirt canisters can be tricky sometimes.
Now It Is the Time to Purchase
Once you have a fairly clear picture of the kind of cleaner you want, it’s time to consider the purchase. Best buy vacuum cleaners are the ones that give you the best return on investment. They serve your end needs particularly well, and are easy to maintain over time. If money is no object, consider buying a cleaner with a long warranty. A one year warranty is the standard, but it is too short. Consider one with a 5-7 year warranty as it is likely to serve you for longer.
Ensure that the vacuum cleaner you buy will be easy to live with. Ideally, the attachments should be easy to affix, and the bags should be affordable and easily accessible.
Cleanliness and Vacuum Cleaner
Cleanliness is a highly desired attribute, so much so that it has been compared to godliness. And as far as cleanliness goes, you cannot ignore the importance of a good vacuum cleaner. It helps you care for your floor, and in so doing, avert a multitude of health problems associated with dusty floors. In short, a vacuum cleaner is an indispensable piece of housekeeping equipment. And given its importance, it makes sense if you invest enough time and money in buying the right one.
Most Recent Articles
- Oct 20, 2021 Black Mold Inspection and Remediation in Your Home by Guest
- Sep 29, 2021 Four Ways to Clean Wood Products in Your Home by Guest
- Jul 29, 2021 Busy as a Beaver: Easy-to-do House Cleaning Tips for Busy People by Guest
- Jul 27, 2021 5 Tips for Maintaining Your Home by Guest
- Jul 24, 2021 Warning Signs That You Should Know If Your HVAC System Needs Cleaning by Guest