- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 200
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 189
- Appliance / Repair — 154
- Interior Design / Decor — 145
- Real Estate / Finance — 107
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 102
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 91
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 79
- Construction / Materials — 75
- Plumbing / Basements — 74
- Safety / Security — 73
How to Choose the Right Solid Wood Door
by Boris Dzhingarov on Mar 3, 2016
Deciding which doors should go where in your home is hard work and it will take some time and lots of planning and research to find the best doors for your budget and your style. If you like the idea of fitting solid wood doors, then you will need to decide which type of wooden doors will work best in your home as there are lots of different types of wood to choose from.
The great thing about using solid wood doors is that they are hard-wearing and durable, so you will be making a good investment. Good quality solid wood doors are available from www.doorstore.co.uk and you can use wooden doors for internal and external use.
There are three main types of wood that is commonly used to make doors with:
If you want to leave your doors in their natural wooden state rather than paint them, you should choose a wood that you like the colour and finish of. You will need to protect them with a coat of varnish or stain, and this can help to protect your doors from everything from the sun to dog scratches.
However, if you are going to paint your doors, then you have the flexibility to choose a door based on their unique properties, so let’s take a look at these three different woods now.
External doors are often made from mahogany or GRP/composite and it is common for home owners to paint their front doors, partly to give it more protection from the weather outside and partly for aesthetic reasons.
You can have panels added to your solid wood door, as well as glass and you can choose between a wide variety of knobs and handles as well as locks to ensure that your doors work perfectly within your home.
Most Recent Articles
- Jul 7, 2018 Common Garage Door Problems and Solutions by Thomas Lynam
- Jul 7, 2018 When to Invest in the Best Possible Garage Doors by Daniel Hensley
- Jul 7, 2018 Things to Know about Garage Door Windows by Kenneth May
- Jun 30, 2018 Simple Hacks For Organizing Your Garage by Iwan Gunawan
- Jun 6, 2018 How to Upgrade Your Garage without Breaking the Bank by Boris Dzhingarov