- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 201
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 194
- Appliance / Repair — 154
- Interior Design / Decor — 146
- Real Estate / Finance — 111
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 102
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 91
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 81
- Construction / Materials — 75
- Plumbing / Basements — 75
- Safety / Security — 74
Add an Artistic Touch with a Mosaic Backsplash Tile
by Guest on May 1, 2010
The average kitchen backsplash is fairly boring. While it matches the counter and looks good, it is simply there doing its job, quiet and unassuming. A mosaic backsplash tile can be a statement to the artistic creativity of the kitchen’s owner along with making the kitchen the most unique room in the home.
Mosaic tiles as a rule are 1” by 1” and can be purchased either individually or in sheets. The sheets will normally come in 12” squares which are easily cut into different shapes and patterns. The sheet backing is made of a nylon mesh which allows it to be glued to the counter or wall with ease and makes handling the small tiles much simpler.
A mosaic backsplash tile can be a work of art when done properly. By using different colors and patterns, images may be brought out in the tile that from a distance can be quite detailed and intricate. Many people have been known to incorporate the family name in the backsplash, monogramming the kitchen in a unique way.
These tiles may be found with relative ease on the Internet by conducting a detailed search. There are many manufacturers and suppliers that maintain websites showcasing their entire line with full color pictures of the tiles and their many applications. The different color, patterns and sizes may be compared and purchased right here along with many of the websites offering shipping discounts on larger orders.
A mosaic tile backsplash can be the most beautiful addition to a kitchen that could possibly be imagined. The ability to mix and match a virtual infinity of colors and styles, give the artist limitless potential for creating a unique look. The ease with which these tiles install make even the most timid of do-it-yourselfers an old hand at tiling up a backsplash.
Click here to learn more about backsplash tile
Most Recent Articles
- Jul 9, 2018 7 Tips for Choosing the Right Bathroom Tiles by Rohit
- Apr 30, 2018 How to Clean and Maintain Hardwood Floors by newsy siso
- Jan 5, 2018 The Carpet Cleaning Guide to Dry Wet Carpets by Cliff Brimmer
- Nov 2, 2017 Roomba 780 Review by Andy Harrison
- Aug 28, 2017 How to Take Care of Wood Flooring by Boris Dzhingarov