- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 196
- Garden / Landscaping — 176
- Appliance / Repair — 152
- Interior Design / Decor — 142
- Real Estate / Finance — 104
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 100
- Doors / Garages — 88
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 80
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 71
- Plumbing / Basements — 68
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 67
- Construction / Materials — 66
Great Patio Ideas to Add Life to Your Home
by Guest on Mar 2, 2010
So you have decided to spruce up your patio but have no idea where to start. Or perhaps, you don’t have a patio yet and are currently debating over which patio ideas to take up.
There are so many options, but that’s the fun part. So wipe that frown off your face and put on a big smile. Coming up with patio ideas is supposed to be exciting and watching these very same ideas become three-dimensional and tangible is an exhilarating experience.
Okay, first, you need to dispense with the utilitarian needs for a patio. Sure, you can get wild with your patio ideas, but always keep in mind that you can never go too wild, especially when it comes to parts of your home that are bound to add a different dimension to it, whether for the good or for the bad depends entirely on you.
The patio has its practical uses. You can use it to enjoy meals with family, or use it as a setting for many garden barbecue parties. You can use it as a place for solitude or a haven for relaxation. You can turn it into a virtual playground for the kids to play or a swimming pool complete with its own shady cabana. You can come up with so many patio ideas to fit all these possible uses.
Once you have decided on how you want to use your patio, time for you to dish out the artiste in you. Here are a few patio ideas and suggestions to get your artistic juices flowing:
Patio ideas like this are great for sun-lovers. No enclosures whatsoever and very minimal obstructions. For greater open-space effect, build your patio away from trees, overhangs, or anything else that may create shade or shadow.
But what if you end up with too much sun? No problem. That’s why patio umbrellas are around.
Also for sun-lovers, patio ideas like this allow you to enjoy the sun without actually having to step outside. Just use a clear canvas for an awning or play around with various tints. The good thing about patio rooms, or sunrooms as some may refer to them, is that they can be used all year round.
Patios with Wind Chimes
These are great patio ideas if you plan on using your patio as a place for recreation or relaxation. Let the soothing sound of wind chimes lull you to a quiet afternoon nap or get you thinking up more creative patio ideas.
Are you the congenial type? If so, this one great idea to have – a patio that is located right in front of your home. Now, you can lounge around the house with a good book and a glass of orange juice and still talk with the neighbors when you spot them out on their own yards.
Get more information about Patio Deck and Heating and Air Conditioning at ArticleZone.com
Most Recent Articles
- Dec 11, 2017 A Guide to Garden Landscaping and Maintenance by Martin Gracewell
- Nov 26, 2017 Love Your Landscape: Creating the Perfect Outdoor Space for Your Home is Easy by Tom Grant
- Oct 9, 2017 Garden Water Features and Fish – Basic Tips You Should Know About by T. Lopez
- Oct 9, 2017 9 Amazing Design Tips and Techniques for Starting a Small Garden by James Cummings
- Oct 4, 2017 How to Maintain Your Lawn by Guest