- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 209
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 209
- Appliance / Repair — 159
- Interior Design / Decor — 147
- Real Estate / Finance — 127
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 106
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 94
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 91
- Construction / Materials — 84
- Safety / Security — 82
- Improvements / Remodeling — 81
How to Save Money when You Buy Garage Doors
by Bob Padilla on Nov 7, 2017
Everyone is looking for frugal solutions even when they seek new garage doors. But is it possible to save money and still get a durable garage door? The truth is that there are some things you can sacrifice in order to keep the budget low but there are also some things you should never compromise. There is no doubt that when we are talking about garage doors, their price would still be considerable. So the idea is to get the best value for your money. And sometimes in order to do that, you need to spend more today to save more tomorrow. Let's examine all possibilities.
How to save money when buying garage doors
- Get the most inexpensive material. In other words, avoid getting wood garage doors. They are the most expensive on the market and will still cost you a lot in the long run since they need maintenance often. One of the most frugal options is aluminum garage doors. One extra advantage with aluminum doors is their resistance. Since they won't rust, you don't have to worry about taking extra maintenance steps. All the same, the downside of such options is that aluminum is a very soft material that can easily get dented. So what you save today, you will pay tomorrow for garage door repair.
- If your door is not very heavy, you can invest in an averagely priced garage door opener. Having a powerful motor and a good brand when it comes to openers is essential. But today there are many choices and you don't have to go with the most expensive one. You can get a chain drive opener with an AC motor.
- Don't invest in extra features and expensive hardware. The good news is that you can find beautiful hardware for garage doors without paying a fortune. When it comes to features, you can keep the price down by not getting smart openers or by avoiding garage door windows and fancy styles that might cost you extra.
Spend on garage doors today, save money tomorrow
Another way of saving money and investing in a new garage door installation is by getting good products today to save tomorrow. For example, if you want to save money today, you will not get insulated garage doors. But if you can afford them today, think of the money you will save in the long run on energy. When it comes to materials, aluminum is cheap but steel garage doors are much stronger and so long-lasting.
As an overall, you can save money by investing in popular garage doors that will allow you to find replacement parts without paying a fortune and durable materials that won't need service every now and then. Sectional doors are a very good choice. Your intention is to spend a limited amount of money but still get a garage door that will do its job and last for years. So choose a garage door made of sturdy materials that won't need maintenance often and save $$$ by not getting the best hardware. Remember that some things can be easily replaced tomorrow whereas garage door replacement will cost much more.
Always consider the weather conditions in your area and your personal needs and never forget that the final garage door prices will also include the door's parts and opener and the labor fees for the installation service.
Most Recent Articles
- Jun 11, 2019 Why Home Improvement, from Duct Cleaning to Plumbing is a “Service” by Guest
- Apr 12, 2019 5 Awesome Gifts Every Homeowner is Going to Love by Tom Grant
- Mar 17, 2019 7 Best ways to Get Rid of Old Furniture and Old Large Items by Sally Smith
- Mar 4, 2019 All You Need to Know About Hot Glue Guns by Valerie Muscat
- Feb 13, 2019 Tools to Add to Your Home Woodworking Toolbox by Boris Dzhingarov