- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 198
- Garden / Landscaping — 177
- Appliance / Repair — 152
- Interior Design / Decor — 142
- Real Estate / Finance — 104
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 100
- Doors / Garages — 88
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 80
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 71
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 69
- Plumbing / Basements — 69
- Construction / Materials — 67
3 Staircases to Add Style and Flair to Your Home
by Leonaro Dawson on Sep 2, 2013
A beautiful home is beautified further by internal décor. A number of small decisions, like a painter’s strokes, encapsulate and finally originate a home’s inner glamour. No implement shall be neglected of design meditation, down to the very last step.
A variety of staircase options await new owners and renovators. Achieved design and custom options has elevated the industry. Consider three designs and options considered modern staples of interior design.
The spiral staircase, perhaps the most aesthetic, offers a number of design options. Advantages include:
- Spiral cases can be applied where little space available; small spaces are sacrificed the need of large cases.
- Attics and basements are oft thought no-man lands, but those who embrace them enjoy larger living areas. Spiral cases create easy transfers up or down from main levels of the house.
- The unobtrusive and elegant design makes the spiral model an aesthetic favorite amongst a number of designers and interior moguls.
Downsides to owning spiral staircases include difficulty for the elderly and young to traverse, and limitations as primary staircases, placing the kibosh on particular options.
A floating staircase blends into the landscape of a room, seamlessly added to the interior when constructed well. A number of modern houses feature the design. Advantages include:
- Floating staircases are ‘in,’ attracting homeowners of all styles and ages. The space-saving design works well in a number of settings and motifs, beckoning the application of designers everywhere.
- The minimalist effort warrants limited dollars. There’s no reason to spend a lot to look trendy.
- Depending on space provided and structure of surrounding walls, designers have a number of options. Floating staircases don’t have to be straight metal stairs; design options are limitless, resources providing.
Safety is one of the biggest downfalls, floating stairs often offering traversing parties no handrails or objects to catch their stumble. The floating staircase is not a viable design for those with small children or pets.
Aside from the shape of the stairs, the variety of wood, color, and customized text makes a difference to owners and a huge impression on visitors. A number of carpenters engineer staircases depending on the owner’s wishes according to shape and other customizable options, including separate-sized steps for toddlers.
Staircases may fit the ability, artistic temperament, and color preference of inhabitants. For example, a carpenter may suit a playroom or toddler’s bedroom with age-appropriate stairs, fixing another set, suitable for the toddler’s grandparents, in another portion of the home.
Mr. and Mrs. Smith decided to have their wedding vows grafted in the wood leading to the second story of their home. Mr. Smith travels often, and whether he’s home or not, Mrs. Smith is reminded of his love and devotion.
Congratulations on owning a new home or deciding to renovate your existing interior. Remember, don’t let the smallest detail or the last step go unnoticed. A number of staircase options await those ready to take the next step in home décor.
Joanne Lawrence is an interior designer. She frequently writes about best design tips on homeowner blogs.
Most Recent Articles
- Jan 9, 2018 Adding a Bean Bag Chair Can Create a Certain Ambiance in Your Home by Martin Gracewell
- Dec 28, 2017 How to Choose House Plants to Match Your Interior by Guest
- Dec 20, 2017 5 Things To Consider Before Buying a Bathroom Mirror by Furniture Canada
- Oct 10, 2017 3 Ultimate Tips to Decorating Your Home Office by Rick Hill
- Oct 3, 2017 Thе Future оf Interior Dеѕіgn: Virtual Rеаlіtу (Augmеntеd Catalogs) by VR Headset