- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 204
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 196
- Appliance / Repair — 154
- Interior Design / Decor — 148
- Real Estate / Finance — 113
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 102
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 91
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 81
- Construction / Materials — 75
- Plumbing / Basements — 75
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 74
Ideas to Arrange the Living Room Accessories
by Guy Dinay on Jun 19, 2014
The living room consists of a large number of accessories. It is very important to arrange the accessories in the proper place to make it look good. You need to arrange the accessories after you have placed the furniture in the living room. Some of the ideas that guide you to arrange the things in the living room are as follows.
Place of artwork
The best place for the artwork to hang on is on the wall behind the sofa. Make sure about the size of the artwork you have. The artwork should not exceed the two third width of the sofa. If the artworks are of smaller size then follow the rule applied before. If you have a group of artworks then leave the space of 2 to 3 inches between the frames. If you are confused to place the artwork then you can place the artwork at a space of 8 to 10 inches from the top of the sofa you have in the living room. Some people are hanging the artwork on the very top to make visible to all. Do not hang the art on the very top because you have to lift your head whenever you want to see the art.
Place of hanging sconces
The idea for hanging the sconces are same I suggested for artwork. The placement for the sconce will depend on the size of sofa and size of the wall. Place the sconces on the wall that is 66 to 72 inches from the level of the floor. If you’re planning to place the sconce on both sides of a mirror or artwork, leave equal space from the artwork to the each sconce. The artwork should be at center of the sconce. Give appropriate space for the sconces and mirror as per the size of the wall. The sconce should not overcrowd with the mirror or artwork.
The curtains used by you should reach and touch the floor. The mistake done by most of the people is using curtains that are short and that do not touch the floor. The drapery rod should be placed 2 inches above the frame of window
Place of television
The point that has to be considered while placing the television is the bottom of the TV should reach the chest level of people when they seated. Hanging the TV on top will give strain for your neck.
Most Recent Articles
- Sep 18, 2018 6 Eco-Friendly Ideas to Beautify and Liven Up Your Home Sweet Home by James Cummings
- Sep 11, 2018 5 Ways to Improve Your Home’s Interior Design by Rohit
- Jul 17, 2018 Why Everyone Should Have Live Edge Wood Furniture by Adrian Hood
- May 22, 2018 10 Splendid Ways to Make Your Home Look Irresistibly Inviting by Guest
- May 1, 2018 Lacquered Finish vs Oil Finish: What is Best? by Guest