- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 253
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 232
- Appliance / Repair — 186
- Interior Design / Decor — 181
- Real Estate / Finance — 181
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 143
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 137
- Improvements / Remodeling — 128
- Plumbing / Basements — 114
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 111
- Safety / Security — 111
- Doors / Garages — 110
Choosing the Best Color Scheme
by Guy Dinay on Jun 22, 2014
To choose a color scheme for your home you can simply follow these steps. You have to get some ideas about how to mix the fabrics and colors and know how to repeat the color all over the room.
To learn the use of dressmaker details and coordinating fabrics there are some principles are available for decoration. The first and foremost step is you have to choose your style either it may be a formal or casual and a particular theme such as an English garden, American country, techno modern, etc for your room.
With the help of the theme and the styles which have taken in mind, then you have to decide on the anchor fabric which has more different colors. Fabric color is the best choice for your background which can be used as a wall color.
You have to pick the color of mid-toned from the fabric colors used for large pieces of furniture and flooring which can be of any design in pattern and solid. With the use of coordinating fabric and anchor fabric, you can also able to decorate in upholstery.
You can just place the colors of anchor fabric in any three places of your room such as curtains, pillows, upholstery, etc. Use the fabrics of coordinating in some other scales such as smaller or larger which are the same as the accent fabrics on cording, table cloths, pillows, and chairs.
For a simple example if you want to use the anchor colors with the design of American flag then, use white anchor color on the walls, navy which is a mid-toned color you have to use that on the floor, white and blue should be ticked on the sofa and the last red anchor color which is the most brilliant color can be used for accents and accessories.
This is the continuation of this example; the coordinated prints can be white and blue ticking, and white, red used on the curtains, pillows and chairs.
Here are some essential tips to choose a color scheme. First, you have to repeat the color throughout the room and at least in any three places. The best way to add interest and disperse color, and then you have to add dressmaker details in trims and cording. Divide those colors and use 60% of color approximately in the background, 30% of color in the mid-tone and 10% color in the accent which is the brightest.
Most Recent Articles
- Oct 17, 2021 Best Area Rugs For Your Home or Office by Guest
- Jun 25, 2021 Kelly Clarksons 7 Must-Have Home Essentials by Guest
- Jun 24, 2021 How to Bring Affordable Luxury to Your Home by Guest
- Jun 21, 2021 5 Things Homeowners Change Most in Their Homes by Guest
- Apr 30, 2021 How Can Epoxy Refresh Your Office Space? by Russell Michelson