- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 216
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 213
- Appliance / Repair — 159
- Interior Design / Decor — 150
- Real Estate / Finance — 135
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 107
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 99
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 99
- Doors / Garages — 98
- Improvements / Remodeling — 91
- Construction / Materials — 89
- Plumbing / Basements — 87
The Top 4 Benefits of Artificial Plants
by Guest on May 31, 2016
Whether you've got a green thumb or not, there's no denying that plants can make any person's place look a little bit cheerier. And if you have lost more than your fair share of plants, have no fear. Artificial plants, while once thought of as tacky and a nuisance, are starting to look a little less plastic and a little more authentic. They've got silky leaves, a very vibrant color, and some artificial tree stems are even made of real trees. Decorating with artificial plants and trees can be a real breeze, so here’s four reasons that using them is a good idea.
Image Credits jarmo, CC0 1.0
- First and foremost, artificial trees and plants are low-maintenance.
They don't require any watering, which is good for your times of forgetfulness. You won't need to put artificial trees in the sun, and they'll work in even the darkest and coldest spots of your home. When seasons change, they won't shed their leaves, nor will they give off unusual smells that often accompany an aging tree. Also, you'll never need to worry about trimming your plants when their leaves get too long. Cleaning them is a simple and quick process, all you have to do is dust them, and occasionally soak them in bleach or some other household cleaner if they get really dirty. The maintenance is easy and the plants will give your home the extra glow it needs.
- Artificial plants don't attract insects.
Bugs enjoy living in real plants where they are attracted by a variety of chemicals, eat tasty leaves, live in the dirt, and create more bugs. This can be annoying, especially since it will guarantee extra cleaning on your part with spilled dirt, dead bugs around the plant and in your house, as well as the potential for insects reproducing and creating a major problem. In some cases the infestation by bugs can be so bad that it harms and damages your plant. Additionally, if you have a cat, your cat will be less inclined to use your fake plant as a litter-box, which can save you a lot of messy and smelly clean-up.
- Speaking of pets, they will adapt well to your fake plants.
With fish, it's easy to decorate the aquarium with an extra plant or two. Or, if you're into reptiles, fake plants can add some more pizzazz to their environment. The artificial plants that you add to your reptile's enclosure will not need specific types of lighting, watering, or even climate. Your reptiles can play with or climb on the artificial plants, or hide behind them when feeling shy. If you have larger animals that like to horse around and will inevitably knock over your larger plants, the cleanup won't be as challenging using artificial plants.
- They're a good investment in the long-run.
Your artificial plants will last for years. The colors won't fade, their height and shape stays the same, and they're incredibly portable. When it comes to decorations or holidays throughout the year, artificial trees are really useful. The trees are easy to assemble and set up, or put away and store for the next year. For people with plant allergies, using an artificial plant could prevent a lot of symptoms, while still complementing the decor of your home. Artificial trees will save you money each year and are just as beautiful as real ones, even if they lack the pine-fresh scent. You’ll quickly see that they’re worth the investment in the short and long-term.
Artificial plants are beautiful with silky leaves and vibrant colors. Though artificial plants have been derided and scoffed at in the past, they offer tremendous benefits when compared to real plants. They're cost-effective and clean. They're easy to decorate with. They require little maintenance. They're versatile and are used in everyday environments, throughout restaurants, offices, and even outdoors, like the entrance to a mall. They are well worth your money and time.
Most Recent Articles
- Sep 26, 2019 Clever Home Theatre Seating Design Features You Need to Know by Martyn Weber
- Aug 15, 2019 Seven Things to Remember When Designing the Rooms in Your Home by Jane Brown
- Jul 11, 2019 Luxury Interior Design Can Breathe New Life In To Any Home by Jason Mills
- Jun 4, 2019 The Advantages and Disadvantages of Platform Beds by Guest
- May 23, 2019 Get Inspired in the Decision to Buy a Home and the Best Interior Design Trends to Give a Go by Roger