- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 208
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 205
- Appliance / Repair — 157
- Interior Design / Decor — 144
- Real Estate / Finance — 116
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 104
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 91
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 86
- Plumbing / Basements — 79
- Construction / Materials — 78
- Improvements / Remodeling — 76
5 Tips to Choose the Right Tile for Your Bathroom
by Guest on Aug 11, 2017
Choosing the tiles you’re going to put into your bathroom renovation is one of the most important decisions you’re going to make. The tile is pretty much going to define the entire look of your bathroom’s final design. That’s why you should make sure that you have all of the information you need to make the best decision as to which tile you should use. You definitely don’t want to end up with tile in your bathroom that you’re not happy with after a renovation. That’s pretty much just a waste of time and money!
- Use Your Dream Tile As Your Starting Point
You definitely have that dream tile that you have always wanted in your bathroom. Whether it’s that colored tile that will look stunning or that certain type of tile that just has a certain look to it, this is something you should keep in mind. Rather than risking not having that tile make the cut, make sure to use that as your starting point. That should be the tile that you most definitely have in the final design. From there, you can choose the other tiles that complement it best.
- Always Go With Only Up To 3 Different Tiles
Speaking of different tiles, you are probably going to want some texture in your bathroom by utilizing different styles of tiling. And that’s great! However, you don’t want to go over 3 different tiles in your bathroom. If you do, then it’s just going to look like an eclectic mess that no one wants to go into. It’s best to have a few quality piece of tiling than going all out with many different styles!
- Use One Tile As Your Main Event
You should have one show-stopping tile that is your main event in the bathroom. This is the area of your bathroom with tile that’s going to make whoever goes into your bathroom really say “wow”. Make sure to shop around and see which tile says that to you! Then you can use it as your main event in the bathroom.
- Think About Maintenance
You should really think about the maintenance of tile in your bathroom before you start installing it. Tile takes quite a bit of maintenance, tile grout and cleaning, depending on what kind of tile you choose. For example, porcelain tiles are much easier to clean than others. That’s going to save tons of time in the future when you don’t have to spend hours scrubbing your tiles just to get them clean.
- Think About The Size Of Tiles
And lastly, it’s important for you to think about the size of tiles that you’re using. Many people think that they only have one size of tile they can use and that’s the normal square tile. However, that’s definitely not true and definitely not smart if you want a great design in your bathroom. It’s a great trend right now to mix up the size of your tiles to create some contrast. You can use smaller tiles on the floor of your shower and couple them with larger tiles on the sides of the shower, for example. This is one of the best ways that you’re going to provide more depth to your bathroom and make it look fantastic.
And there you go! When you’re thinking about getting new tile in your bathroom or using it as part of your current bathroom renovation, then you have got to remember the above tips and tricks. These are the things you definitely need to know in order to pick the right tile for your bathroom.
Most Recent Articles
- Jan 19, 2019 How the Corner Sink Would Enhance the Design of Your Kitchen? by Guest
- Jan 4, 2019 8 Ways to Create More Space in Your Kitchen and Dining Area by Guest
- Nov 1, 2018 Bring the Best and Most Refreshing Bathtub Home by newsy siso
- Oct 31, 2018 Easy and Budget-friendly House Improvements: Bathroom Woes Be Gone by newsy siso
- Sep 20, 2018 Seven Things to Get When Remodeling Your Kitchen by Guest