- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 208
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 205
- Appliance / Repair — 157
- Interior Design / Decor — 144
- Real Estate / Finance — 118
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 105
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 92
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 87
- Construction / Materials — 80
- Plumbing / Basements — 80
- Improvements / Remodeling — 77
Walk In Bathtubs Explained
by Guest on Jan 23, 2010
Walk-in bathtubs are becoming increasingly popular among senior citizens and handicapped individuals because of independence they can offer. The ease-of-use of a walk-in bathtub for these physically disabled individuals is far superior s when compared to a regular bathtub . With a conventional bathtub elderly and handicapped users would dread stepping in and out of a standard bathtub because of the high chance they can slip and fall. Now, bathing users can just open the door and simply sit down, fill the tub up and enjoy the therapeutic experience and many features our walk-in bathtubs have to offer. We have scoured the country for the best walk-in bathtub manufacturers available and are constantly adding to our inventory in order to able to provide you with a hand-picked list of the best, most reliable and best-priced walk-in bathtubs available today.
The walk-in bathtubs available normally have 4 different options available - a soaker bathtub, a jetted bathtub, an air-bath bathtub, or a full-spa bathtub. The soaker bathtub model is normally the basic model without the addition of massage jets. The jetted bathtub normally has hydrotherapy jets positioned throughout the bathtub. An optional heat-pump is normally available as well for bathtubs with hydrotherapy jets. You’re probably wondering what does the heat-pump do? Well, the simple answer is that this is a must-have option. Once you fill the bathtub up with hot water and run the jets for 5-10 minutes the water will start to drop in temperature and lose its heat. The heat pump stops this from happening by constantly maintaining the desired water temperature with in the bathtub. This addition basically transforms your walk in bathtub to a hot tub in your private bathroom.
The air-bath walk-in bathtub does not have hydrotherapy jets but has many little air bubble jets located all over the bathtub to create a soothing and relaxing effect on the human body’s skin. This feature is recommended for elderly clients because the whirlpool bath jets tend to be too powerful and will eventually cause discomfort. The full-spa walk-in bathtub model normally accommodates both the air massage jets AND hydrotherapy massage jets for the bathing experience.
We also offer a competitive nationwide installation service on all our steam showers and walk-in bathtub. Please contact us if you are interested in getting a quote for installation a typical installation varies but the range is from 1500-2800 for a full installation. They installation of a walk in bathtub can be finished in as little as one day although most installations are a two day process. All our installers are pre-screened and fully licensed and bonded contractors.
Most Recent Articles
- Jan 19, 2019 How the Corner Sink Would Enhance the Design of Your Kitchen? by Guest
- Jan 4, 2019 8 Ways to Create More Space in Your Kitchen and Dining Area by Guest
- Nov 1, 2018 Bring the Best and Most Refreshing Bathtub Home by newsy siso
- Oct 31, 2018 Easy and Budget-friendly House Improvements: Bathroom Woes Be Gone by newsy siso
- Sep 20, 2018 Seven Things to Get When Remodeling Your Kitchen by Guest