- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 253
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 232
- Appliance / Repair — 186
- Interior Design / Decor — 181
- Real Estate / Finance — 181
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 143
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 137
- Improvements / Remodeling — 128
- Plumbing / Basements — 114
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 111
- Safety / Security — 111
- Doors / Garages — 110
Better to Prepare for Pest than to Repair
by Guest on Dec 5, 2011
Owning a house is a life-changing and sometimes challenging endeavor. The continual maintenance and upkeep required to keep a house in good condition are essential in protecting your investment in your home. One must be aware of potentially damaging issues that may come up and thus be resolved quickly and efficiently. One such issue is the topic of pests and pest control for residential properties.
Pests, from rodents, squirrels, rats, and even insects, can wreak havoc both inside and outside of a house. When left unchecked and unattended to, some of the damage caused by pests can be costly to fix, and at times render your house unsafe to live in or enter while the pest removal and repair work are being performed.
One example is termites. If you have a house with a wooden exterior or even a basement with wood beams and lumber, you will need to nip a termite problem in the bud before it grows into a problem that could ultimately destroy your house and lead to costly remodeling and rebuilding work needing to be performed. If you suspect termites or even live in an area prone to such insect infestations, pest control, and such services can be used to come into your home and gauge the problem. Following the recommended advice and treatment plan for termites is a good move in helping to protect the overall value and safety of your property.
One other pest incident, squirrels and mice, can also lead to costly repair work if the issue is not properly and thoroughly addressed by seasoned professionals. If you hear things in your attic or see a rogue mouse run by in your garage, you most likely have a rodent issue that needs the services of firms such as pest control. Though you may think you only have one mouse in your house, chances are the rest of the nest or brood is lurking in your walls or floorboards, out of sight but not out o your house. Rodent issues, one of the biggest pest control concerns, is that over time the critter can chew through paneling, wood and even electrical wiring. If you let a pest problem involving rodents go, you may be looking at not just costly woodwork repair, but also a potential replacement of all wiring in your home as well.
Pest control can not only remove and halt pest issues, but you can also be instructed on how to stave off additional occurrences as well. The goal of acting in a preparation mode is the best way to save money in the long run.
Most Recent Articles
- May 8, 2021 7 Ways to Prevent Bugs and Pests from Getting in Your Home this Summer by Larry R
- Mar 8, 2021 How to Find a Rat Problem in your House by Guest
- Jul 18, 2020 Should You Buy a Home with Termite Damage? by Nick Marr
- Jan 23, 2020 4 Natural Ways to Rid Your Home from Termites – Bonus Tips on Repairing Pest Damage by Valerie Muscat
- Nov 9, 2019 3 Ways to Deal with Pests in your Home by Guest