- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 204
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 196
- Appliance / Repair — 154
- Interior Design / Decor — 148
- Real Estate / Finance — 113
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 102
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 91
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 81
- Construction / Materials — 75
- Plumbing / Basements — 75
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 74
Everything You Need to Know about Drain Pipe Unblocking
by Martin Gracewell on Aug 15, 2017
The drain pipes in any property play an extremely important role in keeping the plumbing system running smoothly. These drain pipes are designed to ensure that all of the wastewater from your property is carried away into the municipal sewage lines in a safe and secure manner. If the drain pipes burst or begin to leak for some reason, it could lead to serious health hazards. You will need to call a plumber to unblock the drain pipes right away. Usually, a blockage in the drain pipes doesn’t occur right away. In fact, in many situations, it takes several weeks for the drain pipe to become clogged and sealed up completely.
Signs of Blockage
First of all, you should know that there are some pretty clear-cut signs that indicate a blockage in your drain pipes. If you hear a gurgling sound every time you flush the toilet, there’s a pretty high chance that your drain pipes are getting blocked. You will also hear the same kind of noise from the shower drains and the sink as well. Moreover, if water stays in the shower drain or in the toilet bowl for a long period of time before draining, you can pretty much guarantee that there is a blockage. If you are reasonably sure that your drain pipes are becoming blocked, you need to call a reputable company to inspect your pipes.
Unblocking the Drain Pipes
Unblocking drain pipes is not a simple procedure. It primarily depends upon the extent of the blockage and the method that will be used. When you call a drainage repair company, they will first inspect the drain pipes using a miniature camera. Once the exact location of the drain blockage has been discovered, the company will then prepare a way to clean it out.
Drain pipes can be cleaned out using a variety of different techniques. For instance, you can use a conventional plunger to try to unclog the drain pipes. This technique works only if the blockage has formed close to the opening of the drain pipe. In most cases, a jet wash is used to clear the drain pipe of blockages. Water is released into the drain pipe at a very high pressure to completely remove the blockage.
This is arguably the most effective method for removing drain blockage. Unfortunately, if this method doesn’t work, the company will have to resort to tougher measures, such as using strong acids to try to melt down the blockage. This is usually effective if the blockage was caused by a buildup of fat or oily substances in the drain pipe.
In situations where a blockage has hardened and is impossible to remove, the only other option left to the company is to remove a section of the drain pipe and replace it with a new one. Unfortunately, this procedure will cost you a considerable amount of money.
Most Recent Articles
- Aug 12, 2018 Don’t Overlook These Household Maintenance Tips for Avoiding Costly Leaks by Guest
- Jun 19, 2018 7 Tips for Reducing Moisture in a Damp Basement by Jackson Freud
- May 10, 2018 5 Reasons to Let a Professional Plumber Handle That Plumbing Job by Guest
- May 1, 2018 5 Reasons to Hire a Professional Plumber for Bathroom Repairs by Rohit
- Apr 23, 2018 4 Reasons to Allow Plumbing Changes to Cure Before Running Water by Tom Grant