- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 244
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 230
- Appliance / Repair — 181
- Interior Design / Decor — 175
- Real Estate / Finance — 171
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 141
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 129
- Improvements / Remodeling — 118
- Doors / Garages — 110
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 109
- Plumbing / Basements — 106
- Safety / Security — 106
4 Reasons You Should Call a Plumber to Fix Your Plumbing
by Charlie Brown on Apr 1, 2016
Over time, virtually every house develops a minor plumbing problem that needs some repair. Early on, it might not seem like a big deal, so most homeowners let the small plumbing issue slide for a while before getting help. However, given enough time, the tiny plumbing issue quickly snowballs into a disaster that disrupts normal family life. Here are five reasons why you should have a plumber look at those small problems instead of waiting until it’s too late.
1. Save on Major Repair and Replacement Expenses
If you catch a plumbing issue early, you have to spend some money on a lasting and high-quality repair job. However, the cost of addressing a major plumbing issue eclipses the cost of these small repair jobs. If you wait too long, you may even have to replace a good chunk of your plumbing which costs several hundred dollars.
Leaking pipes or fixtures are also responsible for water damage on your floor, especially if your house has a hardwood floor. If you have a tiled floor, you are not safe either. Replacing tiles as a result of water damage goes well beyond a thousand dollars. If you neglect a broken sewer line, replacing it will cost you upwards of ten thousand dollars.
The bottom line is, adopting a wait and see attitude with plumbing issues will, in the end, cost you a sizeable chunk of change.
2. Reducing Water Wastage and Increased Utility Bills
Timely plumbing repairs can save you from paying astronomical figures in water bills. Studies show that the average home in the United States has undetected or un-repairable leaks that contribute to more than 10, 000 gallons of water waste each year. All this leakage and wastage translates to ever-growing utility bills. If you call a plumber early on, you can avoid being part of these statistics.
3. Maintaining a Functional and Comfortable Home
Properly working plumbing system is one of the perks of modern living, and you have the right to enjoy it. Every day, you rely on your plumbing to keep your home running. Do you want to shower with hot water? No problem, just turn on the faucet in the bathroom and hot water spews out. You can carry such essential tasks because of well-maintained plumbing.
Imagine if your plumbing was acting out. The garbage disposal is throwing everything back at you. Your toilet is backing up every time, and the shower is not working. How long would it take for your life to grind to a halt? A couple of days at most, basically life is unbearable without a good plumbing system. With early plumbing intervention, you don’t have to worry about your life grinding to a halt.
4. Avoiding Health Hazards
An efficiently working plumbing system is crucial for keeping your home safe. It might not be obvious at first. But think about it. What dangers would you be exposed to if your toilet constantly backed up? What kind of diseases would you risk contracting from a broken sewer line?
Contact a plumber early on to avoid all these problems.
Most Recent Articles
- Jun 16, 2021 What Is the Best Louisville Foundation Repair Method, and Is It Worth It? by Andy Beery
- Jun 16, 2021 Why Should You Invest in Salt-Free Water Softeners? by Guest
- Apr 16, 2021 Why Waterproofing can be one of the Best Investments for Your Home by Main St. Waterproofing
- Mar 17, 2021 Top Reasons Why a Sump Pump can Prevent your Home from Flooding by Grand Marketing Solutions
- Jan 29, 2021 SOS! 4 Signs Your Home Needs Immediate Foundation Repair by Mark Healy