- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 199
- Garden / Landscaping — 181
- Appliance / Repair — 152
- Interior Design / Decor — 143
- Real Estate / Finance — 107
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 100
- Doors / Garages — 89
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 85
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 75
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 71
- Construction / Materials — 71
- Plumbing / Basements — 71
When Should I Call a Plumber for Blocked Drains
by Rick Hill on Mar 8, 2017
Drain blockages can start as minor problem to a real nightmare. Blocked drains can cause a lot of problems in the kitchen, bathrooms and even the toilet. We do not want to experience this kind of problems, especially during the holiday period. It is essential to know what to look out for, so as soon as the first signs of problems arise it can be resolved quickly. By call out a professional blocked drain plumber, you can get it repaired swiftly.
Blockages can come in a variety of different forms and can happen just about any place where there is plumbing. However, you may not even know when is the right time to contact a drain plumber.
Problems that a plumber can deal with.
Kitchen and bathroom sinks become blocked very often. All types of things end up in the drain pipe. In the worst case scenario, the debris fall to clear through the drain pipe and become lodged causing a blockage. You may have already encountered this type of blockage before and have dealt with it yourself. But be advised that it's always best to get help from a professional drain company who have the experience and knowledge with dealing with blockages and drain issues. Doing DIY work on your drainage system can cause more problems in the future.
Toilet blockages can be really tricky to deal with. This is a very unpleasant blockage to deal with. It would be better to contact a drainage professional and treat this as an emergency. The drain technicians will know exactly how to deal with a blocked toilet and resolve the problem right away. To prevent the problem from becoming worse you must not flush the toilet until the technician arrives to resolve the blocked toilet.
The most common of all is sewer blockages, these can be caused by a number of things. Most common problem is tree roots. Tree roots invade and grow into the sewer piping because of the moisture. Tree roots can cause blockages by roots growing in the sewer piping or by causing the pipe to collapse due to the stress from the growing roots. However this is pretty easy for a drain technician to identify. By using special equipment such as a CCTV drain survey the technician can inspect the sewer piping for blockages and damage. Open inspect the technician can then work out the best possible method to remove the blockage, or carry out repairs on the damaged piping.
Regardless of all the drainage problems and issues, you are experiencing it is always best to contact a professional Blocked Drain Company.
Most Recent Articles
- Apr 23, 2018 4 Reasons to Allow Plumbing Changes to Cure Before Running Water by Tom Grant
- Mar 6, 2018 What to Ask Your Plumber Before They Get Started by Guest
- Jan 23, 2018 Preventing Blocked Drains in Your Home by Rick Hill
- Dec 7, 2017 Ten Tips for Drainage Care by Rick Hill
- Nov 27, 2017 If You Own an Older Home, You May Want to Consult a Professional to Check Your Plumbing by Tom Grant