- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 208
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 205
- Appliance / Repair — 157
- Interior Design / Decor — 144
- Real Estate / Finance — 116
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 104
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 91
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 86
- Plumbing / Basements — 79
- Construction / Materials — 78
- Improvements / Remodeling — 76
Preparing Your New Home for Move In
by Ted Levin on Jan 13, 2015
Purchasing a new house can be a momentous occasion for many people, so in order to make the transition into a new house just as exciting, you should take some time to read this article on things you can do to make the moving process a lot more convenient.
1. Hire A Moving Company
It might seem like a fun idea, to pack and organize all of your stuff with your loved ones and then unpack it in the new home and make memories. But this is actually a huge hassle and takes a lot of time that you could be spending enjoying your new home. Hiring a moving company will cut down on the moving time and allow you to focus on making a house a home. You might be thinking to yourself that you are a very particular person and you would rather do it yourself, but with household moving companies like allied, they will do everything for you just the way you like it.
2. Change Your Address
You should begin to change your address with your credit card companies when you find out that you’re moving. A lot of people look for old mail and could accept offers in your name. You should also have your mail forwarded from your old home because you might miss a few bills or bankcards when you were switching your address. You should also change your address on things like your car insurance and registration.
3. Call Ahead For Utilities
Think about how awful it would be to move in on a Friday and not have any electricity for the entire weekend because you forgot to call and have them turn it on before you moved in. Turning on the electricity, water, heater and cable is something that you can do before you move into the home so you should call in advance and have everything put under your name and turned on. This way you will be all set for move-in day.
4. Cleaning and Renovations
You might want to really clean your house before you move in, hiring a professional cleaning company can really make the place feel like a new home. You should also do all of your renovations before you move in. this might sound like a no brainer, but some people move in and then decide they want to paint all of the bedrooms when the furniture has already been put in. So get all the painting done and the appliances put in.
5. Protect Your Windows
One of the first things you might want to do in your new house is to put up window treatments. It might not sound like the most logical thing to do, but as you move in all of your stuff is on display. Anyone passing by your house has a clear shot off all of your belongings. This could save you from burglars. Along with this, you probably won't get a great night sleep with the sun shining right on your face at the crack of dawn.
Image Source: moving.com
Most Recent Articles
- Feb 24, 2019 5 Signs That You’re Not Working with a Genuine Buyer or Seller by Guest
- Feb 18, 2019 Reasons Why a Credit Score Can Drop - Financing Mortgages by Guest
- Feb 6, 2019 5 Items Landlords Should Check Off Before a Tenant Moves In by Boris Dzhingarov
- Jan 14, 2019 5 Tips to Help You Win a Foreclosure Auction by Rohit
- Jan 2, 2019 How to Look for Signs of Pest Infestation When House Hunting by Guest