- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 197
- Garden / Landscaping — 176
- Appliance / Repair — 152
- Interior Design / Decor — 142
- Real Estate / Finance — 104
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 100
- Doors / Garages — 88
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 80
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 71
- Plumbing / Basements — 69
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 68
- Construction / Materials — 66
Quick Tips to Sell Your Home Faster
by James Helliwell on Feb 5, 2015
Selling a house is never easy. Some people imagine that you simply put the house up on the market and it’s sold the next day. Well unfortunately it’s never as easy as that, although I imagine there are lots of people who wish it was! There are two ways you can attempt to sell your house.
Firstly, you can go through the traditional means of selling it through an estate agent. Unfortunately, this means that they get to keep the commission on the house when sold. The second and best way, in my opinion, is to sell your home yourself. This involves using an online estate agent listing your house for you on a variety of websites; however, you set the price and control the sale. This gives you ultimate control over the whole process and gives the seller the freedom to sell to whomever and whoever they want, however they want. Ultimately though, your house needs to be in presentable shape no matter which method you choose to sell your house so here are some handy tips and tricks to make that sale a little bit easier.
Using lamps and artificial light is good to brighten up a dark room, but why does the room have to be dark in the first place? Open up windows and curtains to make as much light from outside enter the room and it will make the place seem much bigger than it is. The more natural light the better.
Remove Pet Smells
Who doesn’t love a cute puppy or dog? Well potential buyers may not share the same love of pets as you do and chances are they probably won’t like the smell of wet dog either. Get rid of those pesky pet smells with sprays and plug ins to give the house a nice natural aroma rather than a doggy one!
Introduce Potential Buyers to the Neighbors
Ok so you don’t have to physically force the potential buyers round to your neighbour’s house, but it’s nice to reassure them that if they did purchase the property, that the neighbours are indeed friendly and welcoming.
Tidy up that lawn
If you have a front or back garden that’s part of the house, it’s very important that its kept tidy and in good condition. First impressions count for a lot when it comes to house hunting and having a scruffy front garden immediately gives off the wrong impression. Mow the lawn, tidy up the plant beds and remove any excess weeds that happen to be lingering around.
Most Recent Articles
- Jan 15, 2018 Are You Planning a Home Refurbishment? Read This by Guest
- Dec 22, 2017 How to Fund Your Home Improvement Project by Boris Dzhingarov
- Nov 29, 2017 7 Things to Fix Before Putting Your Home on the Market by Guest
- Nov 29, 2017 Try These 4 Ideas If You Want To Improve Your Condo by Guest
- Nov 26, 2017 Four Ways to Make Improvements That Will Sell Your Home by Guest