- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 208
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 205
- Appliance / Repair — 157
- Interior Design / Decor — 144
- Real Estate / Finance — 116
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 104
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 91
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 86
- Plumbing / Basements — 79
- Construction / Materials — 78
- Improvements / Remodeling — 76
Choosing the Right Window Blinds for Your Home
by Celeste Liban on Apr 1, 2013
In choosing window blinds for your home, you need to consider a lot of things like type, style and its cost. Not only that, you need to know to install them and what’s the difference of every blind and how to make them look nice in your home. So if you are not an expert, here are some helpful tips to make this process much easier.
First, you must decide the type of window blinds you should buy. There are different types of blinds in store and the most common types are venetian blinds, roman blinds, vertical blinds, mini blinds and roller blinds. You should also pick what kind of materials you would like of blinds. You can choose aluminum, natural fabrics, PVC or wooden materials.
Second, you should also consider the overall style of the room or the concept you would like to put in. Choose colors, styles and designs that will complement the entire interior of the room. Most of the blinds give a modern look to a home so whatever type of blinds you buy, it will surely look contemporary. However, if you want a classic concept, wooden blinds are best recommended and if you want to be futuristic, there are also blinds that have different designs.
Third, think about your privacy. Is your home close to your neighbor or can someone easily peeks in? The best shades of privacy are wooden and vertical blinds. If your house is surrounded with fantastic views like the beach, mountain and other panoramic scenery, vertical blinds are very ideal or wooden blinds with more open weaving. It will give your room a pleasant touch, very light, well-ventilated and spacious.
Fourth, consider the amount of light you want for a room. If you happen to be a TV buddy or you don’t want to see the sunlight in your bed, vertical blinds that are made with natural fabrics is recommended. If you want to insulate the heat of the sun, you can also use vertical blinds that are made of PVC materials. Lastly, choose blinds that have low maintenance especially if you live in a humid environment. Also, pick the right size and always measure your windows first.
Most Recent Articles
- Nov 21, 2018 Should You DIY Your Window Installation? by Boris Dzhingarov
- Oct 18, 2018 Replacement Windows and their Effect on Your Home’s Energy Efficiency by Valerie Muscat
- Sep 27, 2018 Top 7 Myths About Double Glazed Windows by Rohit
- Jul 18, 2018 How to Find the Perfect Windows and Doors for Your Home by Matt Wheeler
- Jul 17, 2018 Top 4 Window Blind Styles by Austin Trull