- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 185
- Garden / Landscaping — 166
- Appliance / Repair — 149
- Interior Design / Decor — 130
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 93
- Real Estate / Finance — 92
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 70
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 68
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 61
- Safety / Security — 59
- Construction / Materials — 57
- Windows / Siding — 56
5 Tips On How to Give Your House A Spring and Summer Makeover
by Guy Dinay on Dec 24, 2014
Just as we trade our cozy autumn and winter clothes for the bright colored apparels of summer and spring, our homes and accessories can also benefit from a little seasonal makeover.
Changing seasons offer us the perfect opportunity to give our homes a nice change. Fortunately, these seasonal makeovers can be done with very little money, as you will only need to spend money on the accessories, as opposed to the furniture. So if you want to change your home's milieu to match the changing seasons then here are several tips on what you should do.
1. Do Something About The Colors and Patterns Around Your Home
First of all, you will need to add the appropriate colors and patterns to your home. Bright colours, floral patterns as well as a few stripes can inject some energy into any living space, which, of course, makes them perfect for spring and summer.
2. Get New Cushions and Fabrics
Next, you should get some new cushions, throws and fabrics which are appropriate for the warm seasons. For example, light fabrics, like linen, cotton and silk, are great for decorating various parts of your home. As for the cushions, covering them with brightly colored covers with floral designs and bright prints can really add a lot of energy to their appearance.
If you have a little extra money, you should also consider buying a new colourful rug, as they can add a very subtle effect on any room where they're kept. Furthermore, brightly coloured rugs can also add some nice effects on neutral colours.
3. Get Some New Pieces of Art
Some new art can also help to make your home more spring and summer friendly. A bright, energetic painting for example, can really add some nice touches to a living room when they're hanged over the main wall or above the sofa. A good example would be a photo or painting of a beach, a bright sunny day or basically any painting that inspires feelings of warmth and joy.
Likewise, if you still have any winter-themed accessories lying around, replace them with something appropriate for the coming season. This way, you and your home will be able to welcome spring and summer with the right home accessories.
4. Bring In A Few Plants Inside
Aside from changing your home's overall decor, you should also try bringing in a few potted plants into your home. Not only will they be able to bring in some much needed vitality to your living areas, they are also very low maintenance. A good example are tree stems placed inside large vases or a nice, brightly coloured potted plant. These kinds of items are usually appropriate for empty corners of any room, but they look good almost anywhere.
5. Add A Lot of Yellow
Finally, if all else fails then simply add a few yellow coloured items around your home. If there's a colour that's associated with spring or summer then it would have to be yellow. This colour can make any cushion, throw, pillow or furniture look energetic, and they add to even the most gloomy looking homes. So if you don't know where to start, simply buy a lot of yellow coloured accessories.
Most Recent Articles
- Apr 28, 2017 His and Hers, and Dream Conveniences are all The Rage In New Luxury Home Design by Luke Sousa
- Mar 7, 2017 Tips for a Cosier Conservatory by Ryan Duffy
- Feb 22, 2017 How to Measure a Window for Blinds by Alex Cordier
- Feb 16, 2017 4 Tips for Decorating your Studio Apartment by Jane Brown
- Feb 15, 2017 3 Different Ways To Use Your Conservatory by Veronica Pembleton