- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 178
- Garden / Landscaping — 161
- Appliance / Repair — 141
- Interior Design / Decor — 117
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 91
- Real Estate / Finance — 78
- Bedroom / Furnishings — 64
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 59
- Windows / Siding — 53
- Builders Associations — 52
- Doors / Garages — 52
- Safety / Security — 52
Creating a Walk-In Shower
by Magdalena Ehnes on Aug 28, 2012
Have you ever noticed how most showers and shower rooms feel a little awkward, and perhaps even a little flimsy?
This is a great shame - because for those of us lucky enough to have a power shower in a walk-in shower know that these are the best and most relaxing of all showers to have.
Their design is often solid and utilitarian, but feels fantastic – and the cleaning of such walk in showers is relatively far easier than a cubicle shower or shower over a bath. But you do need a good power shower to make the whole thing worthwhile.
This is a relatively easy thing to create as long as you r bathroom is big enough. Ignore your current bathroom suite (and maybe even do without a bath unless you really have to have one). Now imagine the layout of the room with a solid wall (which may be glass or tiled) across around two metres or more in length with at least a metre for where your shower is going to be. What you end up with, then, is an “L” shape around which you enter the shower. This tiled or glass shower wall needs to be high enough for you not to worry about any water going over the top, and long enough for you not to worry about it going around the side.
Together with a really solid base and a great power shower, you now have the perfect walk-in shower which – once you’ve experienced it – there really is no going back from.
Just be sure not to skimp on the cost or the details – and don’t try and be too fancy. The more solid the slabs and utilitarian the feel, the more solid and powerful the overall feel then is. If you buy power shower from Mira this should fit the bill perfectly.
The Mira electric showers from Mira have something in the range to suit all tastes and the power showers which are digitally thermostatically controlled enable you to relax in the perfect temperature for you, with a powerful force, completely at ease in your walk-in bathroom.
Most Recent Articles
- Oct 21, 2016 The Best Way to Clean Your Kitchen Cabinets by Niv Orlian
- Aug 9, 2016 What Restaurants Can Teach You About the Kitchen of Your Dreams by Jane Brown
- Jun 25, 2016 Small Spaces, Big Design: How to Make the Most of Your Tiny Bathroom by Guest
- Jun 25, 2016 Why Corian Is A Proven Performer In The Home by Jane Brown
- Jun 16, 2016 Six Reasons for Choosing Offsite Storage in Older Homes and Bathroom Renovations by Charlie Brown