Trouble Shooting a Cooker Hob (Burner)
by 411 on Aug 22, 2011
It may occur that the hob (burner) does not function or does not function properly. Before calling customer service for assistance, let’s see what can be done.
First of all, check to see that there are no interruptions in the gas and electrical supplies, and in particular, that the gas valves of the mains are open.
The burner does not light or the flame is not uniform around the burner.
Check to make sure that:
- The gas holes on the burner are not clogged.
- All of the movable parts that make up the burner are not mounted correctly.
- There are no draughts around the cooking area.
The flame does not stay lit on the model with the safety device.
Check to make sure that:
- You press the knob all the way in.
- You keep the knob pressed in long enough to activate the safety device (2-3 seconds).
- The gas holes are not clogged in the area corresponding to the safety device.
The burner flame extinguishes when set to “Low”.
Check the make sure that:
- The gas holes are not clogged.
- There are no draughts around the cooking surface.
- The cookware is stable.
- The appliance, during and immediately after use.
Take careful note:
- Do not touch the appliance with wet parts of the body.
- Do not obstruct the ventilation or heat dissipation slots.
- Do not allow the power supply cord to come into contact with the hot or sharp parts of the hob.-Use the appliance indoors only.
- Do not leave the gas or electric hobs turned on without cookware on top of them.
The assistance of a qualified repair person must be called upon in the following cases:
- Installation (in accordance with the manufacturer’s instruction).
- When in doubt about the operation of the appliance.
- Replacement of the plug because it is incompatible with the electrical outlet.
Contact service centers authorized by the manufacturer in the following cases:
- When in doubt about the condition of the appliance after having removed the packing.
- Damage to or replacement of the power supply cord.
- In the case of a breakdown or malfunction, ask for original spare parts.
- The manufacturer will not be held liable for any improper, incorrect, unreasonable use, or unauthorized modification.
Three Places to Spend Money on the Exterior of Your Home
When you have the exterior of your home remodeled, you are investing, time, energy and convenience into the project and you want to make sure that...
When to Use a Brush, Roller or Sponge Brush
Brushes are a good choice for painting trim and woodwork. They are also useful for cutting in the edges around the top and bottom edges and corners...
Homemade Headboards-Make an Upholstered or Wooden Headboard
Homemade headboards can add a lot of personality to any bedroom. They can be coordinated with existing furniture and room decor or they can be the...
Creating a Cottage Kitchen with Bead Board
Kitchen decor can range from modern and bold to elegant and elaborate by using strategic kitchen pieces. One of the most popular decorating trends...
Gas Fireplace Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
Follow these steps for diagnosing and troubleshooting Gas Fireplaces repairs. For the average DIYer, this may seem intimidating, depending on the...
An All-Inclusive Guide to Eco-Friendly Interior Design: 5 Ways to Do It Best
Over 100 countries have enforced policies on sustainable consumption and production according to the 2018 UN Sustainable Development Goals Report....
on May 3, 2023
Unique Ways to Clean Your Window Tracks
As we get closer to springtime you might be noticing that your windows need a good cleaning. Not only is it your windows, but it is the window...
on Apr 3, 2023
Navigating Singapore's Property Regulations: A Guide for Foreign Investors
Singapores property market has been attracting foreign investors for many years, thanks to its stable economy, strong legal system, and transparent...
on Mar 22, 2023
What Truck Size Do I Need to Move a 3-Bedroom House
Moving to a new home can be a complex and stressful process, but with the help of the right truck size, you can make it a smooth and seamless...
on Feb 13, 2023
Five Tips to Take Better Care of Your Basement Insulation
Basement waterproofing is an essential part of home maintenance, as it helps to protect the basement from moisture, flooding, and other...
on Feb 12, 2023
What Type of Licensed Contractor Should You Hire?
on Feb 28, 2017
Hire Contractors / Estimates
Looking for a specialty project? There are many types of contractors available for your home improvement needs. Finding the right type of...
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 260
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 239
- Real Estate / Finance — 195
- Appliance / Repair — 185
- Interior Design / Decor — 184
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 147
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 144
- Improvements / Remodeling — 131
- Plumbing / Basements — 118
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 115
- Doors / Garages — 113
- Safety / Security — 112
More DIY Articles
What Should You Remember While Searching for a General Contractor?
Any person who fulfills the demands of a contract becomes a general contractor. You can choose to hire an expert or become your home general...
Replacing Damaged Shingles
If in the course of inspecting your roof, you find a damaged shingle, it is a good idea to replace it. The procedure is easy. These instructions...
How to Clean Up before the New Year and not go Crazy?
New Year is getting closer and many this thought leads to slight confusion (or not easy!). Someone with bated breath is waiting for the holiday and...
Tips for Proper Lawn Care
Gardening is a fun hobby that could give you immense satisfaction if done correctly. If you have a sizeable garden and are interested in gardening,...
Avoid Plumbing Disaster: Five Reputable Things Consider
Don't throw your money down the drain! What is important when choosing a plumbing company? While you may be tempted to find the cheapest or...