- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 234
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 219
- Appliance / Repair — 177
- Interior Design / Decor — 164
- Real Estate / Finance — 156
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 119
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 112
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 107
- Improvements / Remodeling — 106
- Doors / Garages — 104
- Plumbing / Basements — 99
- Construction / Materials — 97
Trouble Shooting a Cooker Hob
by 411 on Aug 22, 2011
It may occur that the hob (burner) does not function or does not function properly. Before calling customer service for assistance, let’s see what can be done.
First of all, check to see that there are no interruptions in the gas and electrical supplies, and in particular, that the gas valves of the mains are open.
The burner does not light or the flame is not uniform around the burner.
Check to make sure that:
- The gas holes on the burner are not clogged.
- All of the movable parts that make up the burner are not mounted correctly.
- There are no draughts around the cooking area.
The flame does not stay lighted on the model with the safety device.
Check to make sure that:
- You press the knob all the way in.
- You keep the knob pressed in long enough to activate the safety device (2-3 seconds).
- The gas holes are not clogged in the area corresponding to the safety device.
The burner flame extinguishes when set to “Low”.
Check the make sure that:
- The gas holes are not clogged.
- There are no draughts around the cooking surface.
- The cookware is stable.
- The appliance, during and immediately after use.
Take careful note:
- Do not touch the appliance with wet parts of the body.
- Do not obstruct the ventilation or heat dissipation slots.
- Do not allow the power supply cord come into contact with the hot or sharp parts of the hob.-Use the appliance indoors only.
- Do not leave the gas or electric hobs turned on without cookware on top of them.
The assistance of qualified personal must be called upon in the following cases:
- Installation (in accordance with the manufacture’s instruction).
- When in doubt about the operation of the appliance.
- Replacement of the plug because it is incompatible with the electrical outlet.
Contact service centers authorized by the manufacturer in the following cases:
- When in doubt about the condition of the appliance after having removed the packing.
- Damage to or replacement of the power supply cord.
- In the case of a breakdown or malfunction, ask for original spare parts.
- The manufacturer will not be held liable for any improper, incorrect, unreasonable use or unauthorized modification.
Most Recent Articles
- Nov 22, 2020 Most Common Appliance Issues and What Causes Them by Larry
- Oct 14, 2020 When Does It Make Sense to Fix Your Coffee Machine? by Mark Klein
- Aug 10, 2020 How to Maximize the Life of Your Water Heater by Joe Goldstein
- Apr 11, 2020 Appliance Maintenance: Appliance Repair Tips Homeowners Need to Know for DIY Home Repairs by Marlon Thomas
- Apr 10, 2020 4 Easy Ways to Cut Costs on Asphalt Repair by Boris Dzhingarov