- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 226
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 217
- Appliance / Repair — 175
- Interior Design / Decor — 157
- Real Estate / Finance — 146
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 109
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 108
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 105
- Doors / Garages — 103
- Plumbing / Basements — 95
- Improvements / Remodeling — 94
- Construction / Materials — 93
How to Create a Sleek Dining Room with Wallpaper
by Magdalena Ehnes on Nov 4, 2011
If you want your dining room to exude glamour and class, you might want to consider going for a black and white color scheme throughout the room.
While you don't want to go for all-over black walls, you could use the color scheme to create a sleek look in the space.
There are so many different wallpapers on the market nowadays, so it's easy to do your decorating without any external help. You should be trying to look for a patterned design, perhaps in geometric shapes, to make the theme work.
Either find a stylish black and white border for your room or look for a chic wallpaper that can be applied to all of the walls. If you would rather not go for the patterned design all over, the alternative is to have a feature wall that catches your attention when you enter the room.
When it comes to choosing the dining furniture in your room, you want to stick to the color scheme as well. Perhaps find a black dining room table and some streamline, simple white chairs for the center of the room. When it comes to lighting, a stylish and expensive-looking chandelier could create a great centerpiece and look for either a black or white lampshade to go around it.
If you want some extra surface space to put dishes and food on, particularly when you're entertaining guests, you might want to have some sleek modern coffee tables in the room too. Stick to the color scheme here for maximum effect or if you want to add a splash of some other bright hue in the room, red is your best option.
With fairly little effort, you'll be able to make sure your dining room screams modernity, rather than tradition, and is admired for its chic and sleek interior.
Most Recent Articles
- Apr 22, 2020 Bed Bugs in the Bedroom - Myths and Facts by Blewitt
- Sep 3, 2019 10 Interior Design Tricks to Try Right Now by James Cummings
- Jul 23, 2019 Home Furniture Repair Tips and Tricks by James Cummings
- Mar 29, 2019 5 Top Tips for Designing the Bathroom of Your Dreams by Tom Grant
- Mar 1, 2019 Are Smart Blinds Worth the Cost? by James Cummings