- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 209
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 208
- Appliance / Repair — 158
- Interior Design / Decor — 146
- Real Estate / Finance — 121
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 105
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 92
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 89
- Safety / Security — 82
- Construction / Materials — 81
- Plumbing / Basements — 80
How to Create a Sleek Dining Room
by Magdalena Ehnes on Nov 4, 2011
If you want your dining room to exude glamour and class, you might want to consider going for a black and white colour scheme throughout the room.
While you obviously don't want to go for all-over black walls, you could definitely use the colour scheme to create a sleek look in the space.
There are so many different wallpapers on the market nowadays, so it's easy to do your decorating without any external help. You should be trying to look for a patterned design, perhaps in geometric shapes, to make the theme work.
Either find a stylish black and white border for your room or look for a chic wallpaper which can be applied to all of the walls. If you would rather not go for the patterned design all over, the alternative is to have a feature wall which catches your attention when you enter the room.
When it comes to choosing the dining furniture in your room, you want to stick to the colour scheme as well. Perhaps find a black dining room table and some streamline, simple white chairs for the centre of the room. When it comes to lighting, a stylish and expensive-looking chandelier could create a great centrepiece and look for either a black or white lampshade to go around it.
If you want some extra surface space to put dishes and food on, particularly when you're entertaining guests, you might want to have some sleek modern coffee tables in the room too. Stick to the colour scheme here for maximum effect or if you want to add a splash of some other bright hue in the room, red is definitely your best option.
With fairly little effort, you'll be able to make sure your dining room screams modernity, rather than tradition, and is admired for its chic and sleek interior.
Most Recent Articles
- Mar 29, 2019 5 Top Tips for Designing the Bathroom of Your Dreams by Tom Grant
- Mar 1, 2019 Are Smart Blinds Worth the Cost? by James Cummings
- Jan 7, 2019 These Rules of Bedroom Design Were Made to Be Broken by Guest
- Aug 30, 2018 How to Choose a Lift Chair for Your Bedroom by Daniel Fisher
- Jul 31, 2018 How to Make Your Bedroom a Calming Oasis by Guest