- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 208
- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 204
- Appliance / Repair — 157
- Interior Design / Decor — 143
- Real Estate / Finance — 114
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 104
- Doors / Garages — 97
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 91
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 84
- Plumbing / Basements — 78
- Construction / Materials — 76
- Safety / Security — 76
Do These 5 Things Before Moving
by Aaron Babaa on Jul 17, 2018
Let’s face it: moving can be extremely stressful. Regardless of how prepared you feel, moving can be overwhelming and stressful. On top of making sure all of your belongings are packed and you have the proper transportation to take your belongings to your new home, there are a few things you should do before you move out of your current home. Check them out below!
1. Don’t Forget Your Mail
Forwarding your mail is often something people forget to do before moving. Especially in our current digital age, not many things come in the mail. But, you never know when you could get an important letter. That being said, simply go to the USPS website or head to your local post office to change your address.
Also, if you have any subscriptions, such as a monthly subscription box, make sure you change your address on the company’s website.
2. Rearrange Homeowner’s Insurance
When you move into a new home, one of the first things that’s usually taken care of is the homeowner’s insurance. But, you shouldn’t neglect your current homeowner’s insurance just because you have a new policy.
That being said, it’s important that you cancel your current home insurance, so you don’t risk being charged after you move.
Let’s be honest: when you live in a home for a while, it’s easy for dust and other particles to build up. When you’re moving, it’s easy to see any dirt or dust that’s accumulated in your home. That’s why move out cleaning is extremely important.
While you could always clean your home yourself, it’s easier to hire a cleaning service. Cleaning services have the necessary experience and equipment to easily clean your home until it’s squeaky clean. Plus, you won’t have to worry about the added stress
4. Take Care of Your Utilities
Like homeowner’s insurance, it’s important you don’t forget to end your utility services. Contact each company and inform them on the date you move, so you can have your utility bill forwarded and you don’t have to worry about paying for utilities in a home you no longer live in.
Last but not least, don’t forget to organize your boxes as you pack. In other words, make sure you strategically pack your boxes so each box is full with stuff that pertains to the same area of your home.
Once you pack all of your boxes, group them together. This will make it easier for you to find boxes you need as soon as you move into your new home.
Most Recent Articles
- Oct 8, 2018 6 Pro Tips for Cleaning PVC-U Windows by Guest
- Oct 4, 2018 Bathroom Cleaning Tips for a Rental Inspection by Elesha Piper
- Oct 4, 2018 3 Signs that Your Clothes Washer and Dryer Need to be Cleaned Professionally by Decorative Concrete Surfaces
- Jul 18, 2018 4 Ways to Keep Your Carpet in Tip-Top Shape by Aaron Babaa
- Jul 2, 2018 How a Sump Pump Can Prevent Your Home from Being Flooded by Grand Marketing Solutions