- Garden / Landscaping / Patio — 216
- Kitchen / Bathrooms — 210
- Appliance / Repair — 159
- Interior Design / Decor — 150
- Real Estate / Finance — 133
- Floors / Tile / Hardwood — 107
- Doors / Garages — 98
- Cleaning / Maintenance — 96
- HVAC / Air Conditioning — 96
- Construction / Materials — 87
- Improvements / Remodeling — 86
- Plumbing / Basements — 85
Dry Carpet Cleaning
by Ryan Holman on May 13, 2013
Rugs play a very important role for the decorative interior of our House. This textile floor covering not only designs, but also gives a feeling of warmth in a room, especially in winter. Keeping carpets clean by itself is not an easy task for the hostess, as the grains of sand and dust particles that settle in fur carpets, carpet cleaner deprived of the opportunity to make their own.
The primary component of dust particles are dead skin cells where dust mites live actually. Frequent dry vacuuming can help in Assembly of dust and mites on the surface of the carpet, but is not able to collect them from the depths, the grounds of the carpet. Here are a few inexpensive tips for keeping carpets clean at home.
Carpet cleaning in the home
- If you have pets at home, on carpet stains are inevitable. Keep pets clean to avoid dust and stains on carpets.
- Avoid eating over carpets and furniture cleaning, which are on the mat. Disable the children walk on carpets with dirty shoes!
- Fresh stains on the carpet can be removed with mild soap and water solution and clean cloth. Dry the carpet in the sunlight
- Do not start to rub the stain of spill the drink on. Use cloth or tissue to quickly absorb the stain. To remove stains from carpet cleaners use light based on hydrogen peroxide.
- For thin carpets (velvet carpets) may use hand wash or machine. Make sure that the hot water, because hot water washes better and probably kill some of the dust mites and other micro-organisms living in your carpet.
- To prevent problems, which develops due to water logging of the carpet clean and dry your carpet should be on clear, sunny days. To prevent mold in your carpet, you should sprinkle some water after cleaning the grout with baking soda and position near the batteries to accelerate drying.
- Greased resin spots on carpets may be removed with a solvent. Fat stain on the carpet to rub with a piece of cloth with table salt until the salt does not absorb the stain. Then gather the remains of salt with conventional carpet vacuum cleaner.
- To remove ink stains from your carpet, use (isopropyl alcohol). Add a few drops of alcohol on a clean light colored cloth and apply to the stain. Repeat attempts several times until most of the ink is not "switch" on the clean cloth.
- When the presence of a "cigarette burns" on the carpet, you can try a bit of trim on the carpet fiber that will burn less noticeable. In addition, small droplets of waterproof glue into the opening obscuring the burn spot.
- Vomiting should be quickly dissolved soda water or a mixture of baking soda and water. If nothing else is available, treat the stain several times with clean water.
Periodical carpet cleaning is an important task for family’s overall health. However, you need to decide whether you want to do it yourself or to hire a professional. If you decide to hire a professional carpet cleaning service make sure your contractor is aware of all the points we’ve discussed in this post.
Most Recent Articles
- Oct 5, 2019 How to Keep a Vegan Restaurant Clean by Guest
- Oct 3, 2019 5 Easy-to-Forget Tasks to Get Your Home Ready for the Holidays by Valerie Muscat
- Aug 30, 2019 How to Choose the Right Skip Size For Your Waste by Alex
- Aug 17, 2019 Tips for Carpet and Rug Cleaning when Living with Teenagers by Jamie Burke
- Jul 27, 2019 Carpet Cleaning Advice: 3x Tips to Remove Common Carpet Stains at Home by Paul Laing